Thoughts on this: Courts have "quietly" ruled that MMR vaccine causes autism...

Reaction score
Thoughts on this? Wondering what people believe. Anyone experience their baby developed autism after they got this shot? Also anyone in California know if you can get the MMR separately?

https://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/08/courts-quietly-confirm-mmr-vaccine-causes-autism.html?m=1

I am not sure what I believe. It really makes me question the vaccine when moms ( who know their baby the best) say that their baby was normal before and changed right after the vaccine. I would love to see a study on kids that get the MMR separately and how many develope autism. I don't know if the vaccine actually causes it or maybe the baby was probe to autism and the shot helped the autism surface. I'm terrified of giving this shot to my baby and I don't know what I'm going to do.

On Asher's last pedi visit, I forgot what the vaccine was called and I asked the Dr about the autism vaccine. Hey, he knew what I was talking about lol! After that appointment I was pretty sure I was going to give it to Asher but now I don't know...:shrug:

Do more research. This is one (seemingly biased) article. Read more and come to a conclusion based on both pro and anti mmr.

I honestly feel vax threads like this don't serve a good purpose. The usually end up in a vax war and the thread being locked.
The link between the MMR and autism has been widely discredited.
As pp's have said research both sides and make your decision based on that.

Signs of autism come around the same age as the mmr shot.research from reputable websites and get advice from
Docs u trust

no I don't believe in the autism related to vax articles. I support vaccination 100%

There is so much wrong with that article, I don't even know where to begin.

The most glaring problem is that there are no reputable sources for anything it's saying. It's essentially just someone posting their interpretations of things they're claiming to true. Without proper citations... I wouldn't give it a second thought. Hell, one of the sources is a reader who did research for a school paper. Not good.

The attempts to make Wakefield look like a victim make me want to barf. He did a lot of shady stuff. He was and probably still is trying to promote his own vaccine which is an alternative to the MMR. If that's not a conflict of interest, I don't know what is.

Look, it's great to research these things. But please actually research them. Random websites are unlikely to offer reputable information unless they provide links to sources.

There has been no proof that the vaccinations are linked to autism and im pretty sure if there was then they would have stopped administering it long ago. Read up on it. I found this article was quite interesting although like most very one sided.
https://www.badscience.net/2005/11/comment-the-mmr-sceptic-who-just-doesnt-understand-science/

I have to say that the website in the OP looks like it was written by people with an agenda.

https://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2013/08/14/an-zombie-antivaccine-meme-rises-from-the-grave-again/

There is so much wrong with that article, I don't even know where to begin.

The most glaring problem is that there are no reputable sources for anything it's saying. It's essentially just someone posting their interpretations of things they're claiming to true. Without proper citations... I wouldn't give it a second thought. Hell, one of the sources is a reader who did research for a school paper. Not good.

The attempts to make Wakefield look like a victim make me want to barf. He did a lot of shady stuff. He was and probably still is trying to promote his own vaccine which is an alternative to the MMR. If that's not a conflict of interest, I don't know what is.

Look, it's great to research these things. But please actually research them. Random websites are unlikely to offer reputable information unless they provide links to sources.

:thumbup: WSS^^^^^^

People who liked that story should check out some of the other hard-hitting journalism on that website:

"Quantum physics proves that there IS an afterlife, claims scientist"

"High School Student Teaches the Teacher a Lesson!"

"Strangers Become Friends in Just Minutes. You Won't Believe How!"

"How to Turn a Beer Can Into The Only Camping Stove You'll Ever Need"

"13 Pictures of Crazy Goats on Cliffs – It’s just what they do "

There's also like 50 stories on Russell Brand and his revolutionary teachings. Maybe he has some thoughts on what causes autism as well.

I'm a registered nurse and during my training I spent 7 weeks with a health visitor. The MMR and autism link came up in conversation and she made a good point saying for example, 100 people died last night 2 of them were wearing pyjamas, does that mean u'll never wear pyjamas again or do you think it's a coincidence?

I don't believe that it does. It's coincidence because autism starts becoming more apparent around the age of the shots . How ever my sister is a nurse that works with kids with autism and she's told me their is signs as early as a few months old that the child may develope autism so they Arnt completely normal it's jus more obvious as time goes on .

Personally even if in a small percentage of people did get it from the vaccine , I would rather have a living child with autism then have my child die r from measle or another preventable disease

I'm a registered nurse and during my training I spent 7 weeks with a health visitor. The MMR and autism link came up in conversation and she made a good point saying for example, 100 people died last night 99 of them were wearing pyjamas, does that mean u'll never wear pyjamas again or do you think it's a coincidence?

Love this perfect analogy

Yes I do strongly believe there's links between vaccines & autism. However its definitely not because of this article & not due to reading a thread on bnb. It's such a personal decision that you should do your own research & try to make an unbiased decision :)

^ What she said. I am not against vaccines because I know a lot of research needs to be done.. research that probably won't be done because the vaccine industry is a billion dollar industry who can easily pay off any "reputable source." Yknow? You can't blindly follow anything; you have to research for yourself and then make the decision that you think is right for your family. It took us months of research, asking other parents and talking with doctors/nurses before we made the decision to at least delay vaccines with our son, and I am 100% happy with our decision.

Whether the MMR vaccine causes autism or not, isn't something that I think anyone really knows. I mean, we don't really know anything about vaccines. It could cause cancer when we're 50 years old. There's no way to really follow it.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I never intended it to turn into a vaccination war and I hope it doesn't turn into one. I should have researched it before I posted this. I saw it from someone on fb and it played on my worries. I do worry that it might be true. I also agree that autism could onset close to that age or that parents might not notice earlier signs that the baby has autism. I am just a worried mom and worry about the possibility that it is true.

Still curious though if it is possible to get the vaccinations separately.

^ What she said. I am not against vaccines because I know a lot of research needs to be done.. research that probably won't be done because the vaccine industry is a billion dollar industry who can easily pay off any "reputable source." Yknow?
I've seen this argument or a variation brought up a lot in vaccine threads, and on the surface it seems reasonable, but a moment's thought suggests it is totally unworkable. Literally millions and millions of people are involved in the vaccine industry, from the CEOs of Big Pharma, to regulators, governments, suppliers and distributors and doctors and nurses who administer them. Are we really to be so cynical as to assume that the vast majority of these people are so stupid, lazy or money-motivated that they have simply allowed themselves to be misled or bought into creating, distributing, promoting and administering drugs that they know or suspect to be doing more harm than good?

The vaccine 'industry' is not a hive-mind. The "it's all about the money, damn the children" conspiracy is just incredibly far-fetched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->