• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thoughts on this: Courts have "quietly" ruled that MMR vaccine causes autism...

I've yet to read any substantial argument (let alone evidence) from any anti-vaccine source, it is nearly all a bunch of crackpot emo-blogs from random sources. I am always up for hearing from intelligent reputable sources but I've been waiting a while for any of those.

I have vaccinated both of my sons - one has been diagnosed with autism, one is obviously not. My son with autism was obviously "different" well before the MMR.

Oh, and Jenny McCarthy needs to shut her quack mouth, she's done a lot of damage in promoting this crap.

How ever my sister is a nurse that works with kids with autism and she's told me their is signs as early as a few months old that the child may develope autism so they Arnt completely normal it's jus more obvious as time goes on .

There was no label, but yes, it was very clear something was different with him. Even the first few weeks of his life... something wasn't quite right. It's even more obvious to me now that I've had another - "normal" - child.

Kept hearing he would outgrow it. He hasn't. There was nothing to outgrow, it really was just who he is.

There are so many things wrong with that article I dint even know where to start. " The common denominator in all cases was the mmr vaccine"... Just like perhaps all of them were swaddled to sleep as newborns, this doesn't mean swaddling leads to autism.

I don't believe vaccines causes autism but even if it did I would still vaccinate. I would rather have an autistic child than a dead one.

There are so many things wrong with that article I dint even know where to start. " The common denominator in all cases was the mmr vaccine"... Just like perhaps all of them were swaddled to sleep as newborns, this doesn't mean swaddling leads to autism.

I don't believe vaccines causes autism but even if it did I would still vaccinate. I would rather have an autistic child than a dead one.

Yes, this. I'd rather be dealing with an autism epidemic than have say, diphtheria come back and kill up to 50% of the people that come in contact with it. It's a no-brainer.

And yes, there is new research that suggests autism can be detected through certain visual processing tests as early as 6 months.

Yes, this. I'd rather be dealing with an autism epidemic than have say, diphtheria come back and kill up to 50% of the people that come in contact with it. It's a no-brainer.

And yes, there is new research that suggests autism can be detected through certain visual processing tests as early as 6 months.
Yeah, in fact, I had my LO's 15-month check today (and MMR vaccination).

My doc did all the standard tests and questions, and afterwards said that he clearly had no signs of autism. I said, cautiously, that I didn't think it was usually diagnosed till later. She agreed that official diagnoses are usually around 2, but that there are almost always some markers by 15 months, and usually a lot earlier.

How ever my sister is a nurse that works with kids with autism and she's told me their is signs as early as a few months old that the child may develope autism so they Arnt completely normal it's jus more obvious as time goes on .

There was no label, but yes, it was very clear something was different with him. Even the first few weeks of his life... something wasn't quite right. It's even more obvious to me now that I've had another - "normal" - child.

Kept hearing he would outgrow it. He hasn't. There was nothing to outgrow, it really was just who he is.

Do you mind me asking what sort of things you noticed?

See I got my son vaccinated but I do think it's odd that people say their child changed after it was given. It's probably not always the case but my friends son is autistic and there was defiantly something different about him in my opinion from about 4 months he was completely in his own little bubble I never said anything at the time to her. She only looks back and notices it now because she has another baby and can see there was a big difference. So I wonder how many babies already have autism and it's just more apparent by the age that the shot is given. Especially for a first time mum who may not have noticed previously. She is getting her daughter vaccinated despite her son being autistic, she believes your autistic from birth and I must admit I agree

she believes your autistic from birth

I totally agree with this comment, however, I try not to read too much in2 things as I tend to agree with most 'evidence' I'm easily swayed and rubbish in a debate :haha:

Lol. I think the thing is it is possible isn't it I guess to a degree. I highly doubt it but I suppose other learning disabilities yes you could be born with but you could get as part of somethin or consequence of somethin. But I just highly doubt that there would be any chance. I just dont see how anything can make your child autistic other than their genetic makeup. I mean can something in an injection really change your child's genetic make up. Next they will say it can cause you to be gay or something. I mean it's possible right based on it causing autism...but no that's who you are born too surely

I don't believe that it does. It's coincidence because autism starts becoming more apparent around the age of the shots . How ever my sister is a nurse that works with kids with autism and she's told me their is signs as early as a few months old that the child may develope autism so they Arnt completely normal it's jus more obvious as time goes on .

Personally even if in a small percentage of people did get it from the vaccine , I would rather have a living child with autism then have my child die r from measle or another preventable disease

Sometimes true, not always. My son HAD no signs, infact he was actually spot on with every guideline and social milestone well into his first year. No signs at all. No quirks or anything. I also have a lady at my support group who delayed until 18mth and her daughter developed normally. Her daughter has since had developmental delays that where not there before. Her daughter stopped talking and even walking. This is a serious case and it is still on going about what caused this as she has no diagnosis. My friend believes it was the MMR as no other reason she can see. Im not 100% sure but then I dont live it every day.

Yes I do strongly believe there's links between vaccines & autism. However its definitely not because of this article & not due to reading a thread on bnb. It's such a personal decision that you should do your own research & try to make an unbiased decision :)

:thumbup:

^ What she said. I am not against vaccines because I know a lot of research needs to be done.. research that probably won't be done because the vaccine industry is a billion dollar industry who can easily pay off any "reputable source." Yknow? You can't blindly follow anything; you have to research for yourself and then make the decision that you think is right for your family. It took us months of research, asking other parents and talking with doctors/nurses before we made the decision to at least delay vaccines with our son, and I am 100% happy with our decision.

Whether the MMR vaccine causes autism or not, isn't something that I think anyone really knows. I mean, we don't really know anything about vaccines. It could cause cancer when we're 50 years old. There's no way to really follow it.

It is scary.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I never intended it to turn into a vaccination war and I hope it doesn't turn into one. I should have researched it before I posted this. I saw it from someone on fb and it played on my worries. I do worry that it might be true. I also agree that autism could onset close to that age or that parents might not notice earlier signs that the baby has autism. I am just a worried mom and worry about the possibility that it is true.

Still curious though if it is possible to get the vaccinations separately.

Yes, If you are in the UK you can do them separately (at a cost- we did this for my DD)

Absolutely no signs with my son. I do not believe all children have signs of stuff being "wrong".

Very true about the serious consequences of contracting Measles etc- I would not like to have to live with that. However, autism IS hard, it is life changing and anyone who has to live with that day in and day out would feel cheated if they thought it was because the MMR. Its not about not wanting a healthy child. Of course I am glad my son is healthy BUT I wouldn't have deliberately given him autism if this was the case and it was knowingly agreed MMR did cause autism. Hmm not sure that makes sense sorry.

That said, both my eldest are vaccinated. I did however delay my DDs MMR and had it done separately. we also delayed the booster x

Do you mind me asking what sort of things you noticed?

An extreme sensitivity to change, stimulation, inability to process the world around him, staying awake 20 hours because he couldn't sleep like any other baby, rigidity of behaviour. Hysterical if you looked in his eyes.

At 12 months, I could put him in a crib and he would jump and bounce around for 2 hours before bed. Most 12 month olds have separation issues. Zero fear. The zero fear is a huge one, it's much more pronounced than normal toddler behaviour.

I know some babies can seem like that but it really was to an extreme. So much so that people have told me my 2nd child is "difficult" and I was surprised because he seems so easy compared.

My eldest child, nearly 4, is currently being diagnosed with autism as well as ADHD, his symptoms were quite obviously there way before the mmr! It became more obvious his differences by then though, but actually it was when we had the twins that the differences were so clear.

A friend shared this post with me this week. I thought it might be an interesting read.
https://bostonwed-murakami.blogspot.ca/2013/09/vaccination-laypersons-perspective_26.html

I do find it a bit offensive when people are like "oh he only has autism, least he is alive" That is just a complete BS statement IMO, Of course I am glad he is healthy BUT I wouldnt choose autism if I had a choice. I dont know what caused his autism but its not easy, not at all. It is not the easy option. This winds me up.

I think it depends on the circumstances, MF I would agree with you. But our case was a little different, we were never going to escape her brain bleed/damage scot free, so to be handed the autism card I'm actually "glad", the picture was painted quite worse when she was born. Had someone told me this was how it was gonna be I'd have saved my tears.

However I understand what you mean about how people almost play it down. There is little understanding of autism 24:7, even people close to you and I don't understand the full extent, they just see the basic picture. :hugs: there's fek all easy about this, it can be soul destroying.

So yeah... MMR, whatever! :rofl: yesterday I was told I should change to almond milk, solves a lot of ASD problems. Aye ok then, I'm off to the 24 hour tesco pronto :dohh: paturized milk caused autism :haha:

MF - I see it differently :flower: I feel that IF something had to affect my child, I am grateful that it was Autism and not something life-threatening. Cancer vs Autism? Heck yep, I'll take the Autism.

I also loved that link that Sarah gave. I'd take the alleged risk of Autism than any of those afflictions as well. Even though I don't believe that vaccines cause it. :flower:

If I had the choice to have no Autism at all or Autism? I'd probably take no Autism. Its heartbreaking to watch Claire struggle with things that other kids do at ease. It hurts to see other kids get scared off of her because she's loud and inappropriate at times. It KILLS me to see her cry every day wanting friends to come over and despite my best efforts on getting playdates going from her school I haven't had one person call back for one.

I don't know how to fully express what I'm thinking actually. Parts of me feel that its wrong to want to try and change who she is. Which I am not doing, I'm not out there trying to find "cures" for Autism. I can also shrug off the kids who view her as different and deep down I know that she's probably better off not being friends with them if that's the way they treat her. But that is an incredibly hard lesson for ME (who at almost 35 years of age) let alone trying to explain that to a 4 year old who has developmental delays. :wacko:

But at the end of the day, I'd much rather her have Autism than any of those scary diseases. I remember a thread on here long ago about a Mum who didn't get her child the MMR (I can't remember if it was due to Autism fears) and her kiddo developed measles. She was heartbroken watching her kiddo seriously suffer and felt stupid for not vaccinating.

That is not a risk I'm willing to take tbh. :nope:

My son was autistic from birth. There was always something 'off' with him. So for me it wasn't that his vaccinations caused his autism. I do think they have enhanced his symptoms tho. So I would imagine he would be middle of the spectrum. Maybe if he hadn't have been vaccinated he would be higher functioning.

Autistic kiddies are sensitive to so many things us 'normal' folk aren't. They might freak out about a light being too bright or a loud noise. If they are affected by these external things I 100% believe they may react differently to vaccines.

I suspect my baby has ASD and she will not be having any more vaccinations x

I was blissfully ignorant to this whole thing this morning, then I saw a facebook post. DS was supposed to have his MMR tomorrow, so I'm having a little anxiety. What is the purpose of delaying the vaccine? If MMR does cause autism, is it less likely to cause it if the child is further along developmentally?

I was blissfully ignorant to this whole thing this morning, then I saw a facebook post. DS was supposed to have his MMR tomorrow, so I'm having a little anxiety. What is the purpose of delaying the vaccine? If MMR does cause autism, is it less likely to cause it if the child is further along developmentally?

ALWAYS do more research through medical professionals than reading a link posted here or google. MMR does NOT cause autism. That claim was never proven and it only stirred up fear amongst families for no reason than making money for one individual.

Its been proven that the MMR doesn't cause Autism hun. IMO, your kiddo would have a far greater chance getting mumps, measles or rubella by not vaccinating rather than getting Autism from the shot. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->