Thoughts please on induced labour.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by palange, Jun 6, 2011.

1. palange

palange Well-Known Member

Hi

I have polyhyrdraminos. I have a growth and fluid scan on Thursday and as I am now term its possible I will be offered c-section or an induced labour. Today I had an antenatal appointment which confirmed my LO has still not engaged (seemingly this is normal when they have too much fluid to play around in) so I reckon by Thursday he still won't be engaged.

I reckon as he's cephalic they will suggest inducing my labour. I know I won't need to make a decision there and then but would appreciate your advice, experience, etc. to help me on my way to making a decision

Ta very much

2. Emma 21

Emma 21 Mum of 4 under 5years

im being induced the day i hit 38weeks as i have a blood clotting disoreder. i am scared but know it is best fro my baby

3. tiggerpony

tiggerpony Well-Known Member

Out of being induced and offered a C section I got to say personally I would pick C section. I have been offered from my doctor to be induced at 38 weeks due to severe SPD (to point most days I cant get out out of a chair without being lifted!) but after reading up the risks I have decided to wait until I am 41 weeks to give my body a chance of going into labour naturally - depsite I know Ill prob be on bed rest for the last 4 weeks or so. I know C sections has their own risks but in my opinion there are less risks with a C section than being induced...I dont want to scare anyone here but I know of one person who was induced AT 37 weeks and lost their baby due to the distress it caused. I understand some babies may get distressed anyway but they are less likely to if not induced...

4. tiggerpony

tiggerpony Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add after reading it back - I may still have to be induced as we all might and don't wanto scare anyone just because I know of one person who lost their baby due to being induced early - there are lots of other people out there who have been induced and have had lovely, healthy babies at the end of it! x

5. Mother of 4

Mother of 4 Mom to 5 & pregnant

You'll be fine hun :hugs: I have a friend that had to be induced with all 3 of her babies and she did just fine. There are risks with everything but I'm sure you'll be fine. If my body doesn't naturally go by 40 weeks I will be induced also...good luck hun :)