Threatened miscarriage 14 weeks

Cecilia

Reaction score
This is my first post, I’d like some input if anyone has any thoughts. I’ve just entered the second trimester and was told that I could share the pregnancy to friends and family since it’s “the safe week”. The other day when I was out on a slow walk I suddenly felt something warm running down my legs and walked home as quick as I could. It was gushing out quite a lot and I didn’t dare look down since I was outside and terrified. When I got home I saw what I feared to be true, large amounts of blood. I sat on the toilet for a bit and it just kept pouring out of me and I started to feel dizzy. I was alone home and couldn’t reach my partner who was at work and spoke to my mum who said I needed to call the midwife. I was so confused I had kind of froze. Called them and they said that if I couldn’t reach my partner or have anyone that could take me (I don’t, I’m Swedish and all my family lives there, I don’t have any friends here) I needed to call an ambulance, which I finally did. At the hospital my blood count showed a significant blood loss and they kept me overnight. The following day at 14:00 I finally got to have an ultrasound and saw my baby rolling around and waving it’s little hands. Completely broke me. This was an unplanned (and my first) pregnancy but both me and my partner felt like letting nature take its course and have te baby if the pregnancy stuck. I’m 31 and haven’t had any longing for children or mother’s instinct up until I fell pregnant. They told me it was a threatened miscarriage and that I am at higher risk to have a full miscarriage since I’d had such a big bleed. They couldn’t find any apparent reason for the bleeding and just said that they didn’t know why it happened (baffles me how little humans know about the oldest condition in the world, seems like women’s health is such a low priority research wise).
They said to take it easy but I’m wondering if anyone knows for how long I’m in danger of miscarriage? I miss going out for my walks and bed/sofa rest is making me restless. Does anyone that has experienced the same or similar thing know how long I need to take it easy? Does going for a walk count as not taking it easy? This thing happened to happen when I was out walking so I’m feeling torn about it...
My man is really looking forward to fatherhood and I’d hate to loose this pregnancy now that we’re so happy it wasn’t a miscarriage...

I am so sorry your going through this worry. But there is little else you can do but rest until the bleeding stops. The fact you saw your little one and they seem ok is a good thing. I had some brown spotting around 13 and 14 weeks. Wasn't much and no cramping but I was convinced I had lost the baby. I've had three previous miscarriages and was convinced it was happening again. But it didn't and im 26 weeks now. I hope everything works out ok. I have my fingers crossed for you!

This sounds exactly like what happened to me with my daughter. I had a couple random big bleeds in early first tri, then nothing, and then I woke up one morning at 14 weeks and when I went to the bathroom, I felt blood gush out of me. I was terrified. There was even a clot. I went to the ER, baby was fine, never had any explanation. My daughter is now 5 1/2. good luck <3

So sorry that you’re going through this. I had a lot of bleeding in my first pregnancy and was also told to rest and limit movement/activity for 2 weeks at a time. My ob was overly cautious and I stayed in bed mostly as per her instructions. In my case though sometimes they were able to see where I was bleeding from on ultrasound and other times they couldn’t. It was a very hard time for me and my family. My last bleed was at about 16 weeks that pregnancy and everything was mostly fine after. I hope everything works out for you.

So sorry you are dealing with this. When I was pregnant with my daughter I bled throughout first and second trimesters up until 18 weeks. They could never figure out where it was coming from. Sometimes the bleeds were really heavy. When I was pregnant with my son, I bled from 11-18 weeks, and had a really big bled at 14 weeks. It was a subchorionic hemorage that time.

I really hate that they call them threatened miscarriages, it really doesn't increase your risk that much but it leaves you worrying way more than you should.

As for going for a walk when told to take it easy- I wouldn't.

Hope the bleeding clears up soon and you are able to relax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->