Three course meal help!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Blob., Jan 31, 2011.

1. Blob.

Blob. Well-Known Member

I want to cook a three course meal for me and my boyfriedn for his birthday. I have hardly any experience in the kitchen so needs to be simple and impressive. Any ideas at all?!

2. 3rdtimelucky

3rdtimelucky mammy to 3 beautiful kids

Em.. Maybe a soup or prawn cocktail for startes. Both easy to make!

Maybe fillet steak with onions and mushrooms with baby potatoes and some pepper sauce for main! I fry my mushrooms in butter then add a little garlic salt and some fresh cream, and they are yummy!

For desert, I usually just do some fruit with Ice-cream as my hubby loves ice-cream!

Good luck, im sure he wil be delighted with whatever you cook, its the thought that counts!

3. ald

ald TTC for a very long time!

Erm......
    For starters I would do a prawn cocktail as you can make it in advance, clingfilm it up and place in the fridge until needed.
    For Main I would do some sort of steak or chicken dish

For desert I would either make cheesecake because as with the starter can be made in advance. Or I would make choccie brownie and then when ready to serve zap them in the microwave for 30 seconds to slightly warm and add some ice cream.

Make sure you keep it simple so you are spending time with your boyfriend and not just leaving him at the dinner table while you are spending hours cooking each course. Prepare as much as possible in advance.

4. Arlandria

Arlandria Love being Mrs.C xx

For starters i'd go for a nice pate with some rustic bread and dipping oils...

For mains it'd have to be steak and new pots, mushrooms & peppercorn sauce

Dessert cheesecake or Gu pots! Mmmmm mmmm

And i'd get a few tea light candles and a nice bottle of wine to add a few touches xx