Three months off medication for DH?

Teva

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'd really like to move from WTT to TTC this month, but....
At my preconception consult, my doctor strongly suggested my DH to stop taking a medication (used for a chronic condition) for 3 months before we start TTC.
Here we are at day 85 of his being off the medication and I expect to O in the next few days. I have not had a positive opk test yet, but probably will tomorrow.
I called my doctor's office to ask if we could try this week and the nurse said she didn't "think a day or two difference would matter." She didn't offer to ask my doctor and at the time I couldn't think of a polite way to convince her to follow up with the doctor. And there the conversation ended. :dohh:
Has anyone else been advised to stop a DH's medication prior to TTC? And, if so, did your doctor indicate it had to be 3 months exactly?
Sperm only take 72 days to mature, right? Why do we have to wait 90 days!?!
Sorry if this has turned into a bit of a whine. I would so appreciate advice from others who have been in a similar situation.
Thanks for taking time to read this and respond!

3 months is just an estimate on how long sperm take to mature, doing before so wouldnt cause and problems with a baby if you do conceive but he msy not have s fully stocked army, I'd say go for it!

I'd say 85 days is close enough to three months, if you're ovulating soon then you should go for it. Some medications take longer to clear out of the body than others, but you're almost there, I can't seen how another week or two would make any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->