Three positive tests, three negative tests.. what does this mean?

sarahhsweet

Reaction score
Okay, so, here is the deal. My last depo was in May 2013, which means I was suppose to have another one August 13, 2013. I was on the depo shot since February 2012. However, I decided to wait because I wanted to switch my birth control to just taking the pill. I went to Planned Parenthood on August 23, 2013 because I was feeling very nauseous, and very irritable. I wasn't really worried about being pregnant because I know it takes awhile after coming off depo to get everything working again. PP did not seemed worried either, and told me that I would be protected until my doctors appointment with my regular OG/GYN on September 5, 2013. Again, I didn't really think anything about this because I know it takes a while for people to get pregnant after coming off the depo. I had a period August 15, and it lasted a week and a half. It was normal. I also had sex multiple times before my period, after my period, during my period etc. About a week before I went to my OB/GYN appointment, I started to feel really irritable and anxious. I would cry all the time, over nothing. I am one to hold how I feel in, and I can't even the last time I physically cried. I was also bloated, constipated, my breasts were sore, I was getting frequent head aches. I also had mucousy discharge that dried white. I explained this to my OBGYN wondering if it was because I was just coming off depo, but she said since August 15, I was having unprotected sex, and since I had a period, it was a possibility I was pregnant, and to call her back in two weeks after I take a pregnancy test. So, September 15th rolls around, and my period does not come. I take a test on September 20th, and it was negative. I call her, and she says I can go ahead and start my birth control pills. But I decided to wait another week, September 27th, to take another test just to make sure. During this week, I did not have unprotected sex, or sex at all actually. I also decided to try a different test - accuclear. I normal use first response. Anyways, two test come up positive. The first one I took at night before bed, and it was VERY faint. The second one I took in the morning, and it was clearly visable, only it was not very think. I thought maybe it was an evap line but I took the test apart and it is clearly dyed blue. Anxious, I took four tests today, two clear blue and two first response. This urine was probably very diluted since I was chugging fluids to urinate, but one of the clear blue was positive, and the rest were negative. My OBGYN is out until tuesday, so I can't do anything about it until then. What are your thoughts! :wacko:

Hold off on the BC. You are probably pregnant. Everything points to yes.

There's generally only one reason a pregnancy test is positive, but there are lots of reasons a test could come up negative: faulty, testing too early, urine too diluted, not pregnant, test not sensitive enough to detect the pregnancy. Some tests can detect smaller amounts of the pregnancy hormone, which is why some tests are probably still coming up negative.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->