thrilled to be pregnant- with PCOS!

samah

pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Hi All,

Im 28yrs old , and have had Polycystic Ovarian syndrome for over 10 years. Got married last year and always thought I would need fertility treatment when we decided to conceive because I just didnt think it would happen on its own, with the irregular periods and all.
Last month, for the first time I decided to take something for my irregular periods, in the hope that if they normalised it would mean I would start ovulating and maybe with time, over the next year or so, I might conceive on my own. As I always prefer something milder than hardcore allopathic medication, I decided to try homeopathy and was told that with the medication prescribed I could hope to get regular periods in about 6 months time, as PCOS is a chronic problem which takes time to heal. I thought it was worth a shot and so diligently took my medication...
Imagine my absolute surprise and disbelief when before a month was over, I had a BFP!!! I would never have thought to test had it not been for a killer backache and the worst fatigue of my life that sent alarm bells going in my head...

I cannot still believe its true, and feel soo blessed. A recent scan showed the fetal heartbeat flickering away, and also showed my ovaries as normal looking, which I havent had in numerous scans over the years. my EDD is 14/7/09. I cant seem to shake a fair bit of anxiety though, and worry about things not going right, but I know I have to keep the faith and be positive!

I look forward to experiencing this wonderful and unique journay through pregnancy to motherhood with all you lovely ladies out there, and hope I will be able to get the support, guidance and advice I so need at this scary and wonderful time.
I should mention I live alone all week, as hubby works in another city, and we meet over the weekend only, plus moved here recently with a new job and all, so dont have any close friends either, which is why I need caring people I can reach out to all the more.

Would be lovely to hear from you girls out there who are due around the same time as me. comparing notes can be so reassuring to make sure nothing abnormal is happening to me!

good luck and best wishes to u all!

gosh after seeing the other brief intros, no wonder no one replied to mine.. no one probably bothered reading it! oh well, just thought id share my story with everyone

Hi, I'm new too! Wow what a lovely surprise for you! Conratulations, I hope everything goes well for you.

So happy for you! my half sister suffered from pcos and was TTC from 1998-2000 and with success had a son in 9/2001 :) she takes hormones. Anyhow welcome to BnB!

Aww thats realy nice news :)

Welcome to the site. im a newbie too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"