• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Throwing up blood?

Perseids

Reaction score
Sorry if this is TMI.

Just when I thought my "all day" morning sickness was over it came back with a vengeance. I'm 13 weeks. Today, I've noticed that there are a lot of blood streaks and droplets of blood when I vomit and even in my spit. It's not to the point where it would saturate a tissue or anything but it is enough to make me concerned. I don't know if it is because my throat is irritated or if it is something more serious.

Is it normal to have blood in your vomit while pregnant? This happened when my morning sickness first started but it was only a few droplets then. I'm just wondering if it is normal or if I should be heading to the ER or something. It is Sunday, so I doubt I would be able to get ahold of my midwife.

Thanks.

It maybe from ur throat. The force of you throwing up may have caused a tear x

I had two bits of blood in my vomit the other day too, just small streaks are probably just from your throat being irritated from the vomiting and it's anything to worry about but if you start vomiting up lots of blood then you'd probably need to go to the ER.

The one time I threw up in my first pregnancy there was blood- enough to scare me into calling the dr at 10 at night. The doc wasn't bothered at all and said it was likely a result of the acid in your stomach burning the lining of the esophagus.

You should contact your MW just to make them aware so that they can keep an eye on you. They may say its perfectly normal but it's best to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->