throwing up pre natal vitamins

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
hey ladies! im getting excited because im almost 8 weeks! I love getting past each week (this is my first pregnancy)..... anyway for the past 4 days or so I keep throwing up about 30 mins after taking my pre natal vitamin. usually I can taste it which is gross. I know im probably not throwing up all of it right? I also tend to take my thyroid medication the same time I take my pre natal so im afraid ive been throwing that up 2. I take them at night with water usually after having something 2 eat. they never used 2 make me sick so im confused! :shrug: anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions?

I try to take mine in the middle I'd my meal with a huge amount of my drink, I find eating before and after kinda seals it in.I've also heard one's with iron in can make you sick more so maybe look at switching??

Came to write exactly what spicy orange said-- I have found that taking it right in the middle of my meal has made a difference. So eat half of dinner, have the vitamin with some water, and then eat the other half of the meal. Since doing that it has made a difference for me :)
Good luck :flower:

Someone here recommended the vita gummy prenatals and I can keep them down no worries at all, all the other 'swallow whole' types bounce no matter when I have them

Hi there!

Just passing this along: several doctors have told me to take my thyroid medication at least 4 hours before my prenatal vitamins. Prenatals can reduce the effectiveness of your thyroid meds. I usually take my levo when I wake up, then the prenatals with lunch or dinner.

That said, I doubt taking them close together is the reason you're throwing up. Taking prenatals with food was helpful to me...but not always. When you're in the worst part of the morning sickness there may not be much you can do; its unfortunately very common :/

Good luck!!!

Sorry, I didn't read that you take the thyroid meds after you eat.
Definitely take the thyroid meds -before- you eat; they should be taken on an empty stomach :)

Aww I feel your pain. I have hyperemesis gravidarum and from 6wks til 10wks I couldnt hold down any food or liquids and ended up needing a PICC line. I was concerned I couldn't take my prenatal but my midwife said really only folic acid is important so she gave me these teeny tiny little folic acid pills instead. Now that the nausea has eased some I take the gummy prenatal. They are yummy!

I echo those that say take your prenatal mid meal of a bigger meal.

I have a disgusting chewable (prescribed) and it makes me so nauseous. Taking it with a meal helps tremendously. If I take it with a smaller meal, it still makes me nauseous.

Gummy ones are really easy on the stomach! Though a little pricier. And ladies! Make sure to read the label. The ones I had were two gummies per serving.

thank u guys!! I think I might try the gummy pre natals. I just cant take throwing up these disgusting pills anymore.. & I never eat big meals anymore I barely have an appetite & everything is gross. ughh! o well ill figure it out! I have an appointment with my obgyn tomoro so ill ask them more about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->