thrush and cracked nipple... how do I continue? ?

lisawoop

Reaction score
DS is 3 months and has been exclusively breastfed from the start. I used to love doing it but the last few weeks its got more and more painful and now I really dont no wat to do with myself! One side is severely cracked so ive been trying to feed off the ok side and pump off the bad side but he doesnt seem to be getting enough and the side im pumping doesn't seem to have the supply it used to. I pump for as long as I can but imon my own a llot so its not easy. The medication we were given doesn't seem to be working and cant get hold of my HV!!! Any advice would be great!

First of all, are you both being medicated? This is important otherwise you'll keep reinfecting each other. If the medication isn't working ask your GP for something else. Sometimes tablets are required for you. Any treatment will take a while to take affect though.

In the meantime put cream on to soothe the pain and if at all possible allow baby to feed from that side, it will keep up your supppy on that side - even if you just feed once or twice a day on that side.

Allow your boobs plenty of air time, and regularly change breast pads, as thrush likes moisture. You can use a white vinegar solution too - 1 cup water with 1 tbsp white vinegar, dab onto nipples then allow to air dry. You can put white vinegar in with washes in machine too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->