Thrush (sorry if TMI)

vinnypeanut

Sleep deprived!!
Reaction score
Im suffering really bad with thrush at the moment! Have it for a good week or so then it goes....and comes back with a vengeance about 2 weeks later. No matter what i do i get it and it comes back worse.
Ive been told its hormonal changes but can anyone help??
Is it safe to use canasten vaginal cream??
Pleeeease help me....im going insane!! :wacko:

from the website:

Can I use Canesten® while menstruating or pregnant?
Although Canesten is safe to treat vulvovaginal yeast infections during menstruation, the treatment should ideally not be performed during a period and should be completed before the start of a period.
Hormonal changes during pregnancy increase the risk of vulvovaginal fungal infections which should be treated immediately. Although this is aclassical condition for self-medication, it is highly recommended that pregnant women consult a physician before starting treatment.
During pregnancy it is better to use vaginal tablets because they can easily be inserted without an applicator.
This removes any possibility, however small, of injury to the foetus. Canesten itself is not known to cause any damage and can be used safely during pregnancy.

so - probably okay, but best to double check :D never fun!

Oh thank you. I didnt think to check the website but there was nothing on the tube!
Just wondering has anyone else had thrush regularly?
Or am i abnormal? :devil:

I had this with my last baby. It drove me mental.........Did clear up in the third tri.

I called my delivery unit and asked if there was anything they could do. They gave me a pessery that was safe to use. This helped but didn't go 100%.

Other things I tried were the pro-biotic drinks. Don't think they did anything though.

Hope you find something that helps soon.
x

ive had it 3 times so far! doctor has prescribed me a pessary and cream each time. just dont use applicator with pessary. its defo ok when preggers though :D

xx

I've had it like you describe since I was about 17 weeks. It starts to clear up and then back it comes again even worse than it was before! I do use Canasten cream almost daily now just to relieve it a bit.

right....this might sound bit..TMI but...treat ur OH... get him to use the cream, even if hes not showing the symptoms....

change ur bed sheets, wash towels, etc, everything that might be or might have been shared...

xxx

i have constant thrush too and its my first pregnancy so wasnt sure if was normal. but my friend also suffered with it with her baby. it is safe to use canesten cream but not the tablets i was told. i use the cream all the time. :flower: hope it helps.

I had it for a week, then got the cream, it went away, slightly came back.
If it comes and goes regular then best off seeing doctor.

Yup, I have it constantly too. I'll use the pessaries (prescribed by doctor), and then about 2 weeks later, it's back.

So. Annoying.

Do you tend to have bubble baths? I have had to stop this as i kept getting thrush, now i just tend to shower or have just water in the bath and havent had it since!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->