Thrush

misslissa

TTC our first!
Reaction score
Hi all,

My lo is 5 wks and we've been battling with thrush since he was 4 days old. He's had 3 wks worth of nystatin and I've been on clotrimazole cream. The dr swabbed him 10 days ago and he came back clear which was great but I knew my nipples weren't clear as still itchy.

Now I'm getting deep stabbing pain in my one breast and tbh I dread feeding on that side. The dr was really reluctant to give me the oral treatment last time and I know he's going to be resistant again. There are no female drs at my surgery which doesn't help. I'm going to go back but I know I'm going to come up against it again.

I'm seriously considering self medicating if they refuse - what do you think? All the info is on the breastfeeding network leaflet so I could go it.

I'm not sure what else I can do if the dr refuses to help? Can a health visitor prescribe?

Thanks

Did u try the grapefruit seed extract? Wash with the solution after every feed. My thrush didn't clear til I did that. Had it for 4 weeks. I just bought the tablet form today as well.

Oh and get rid of any soothers as well as thrush can live on them

Thanks, no I've not tried it yet. Lo doesn't have any dummies or bottles yet so nothing to worry about there.

I'm feeling so down today, sick of thrush. I'm not in as much pain today but its still not right. The pain is still there. Also I know I have vaginal thrush - this might sound daft but is this common when you have breast thrush? Is it a case of my body is just full of it?

Thanks, no I've not tried it yet. Lo doesn't have any dummies or bottles yet so nothing to worry about there.

I'm feeling so down today, sick of thrush. I'm not in as much pain today but its still not right. The pain is still there. Also I know I have vaginal thrush - this might sound daft but is this common when you have breast thrush? Is it a case of my body is just full of it?

Hi
Im with you !!! Same problems EXCEPT that my doc has prescribed a course of oral meds. I was reluctant to take them at first but now i don't care! It's painful ans makes breastfeeding a miserable experience so i want to get rid of it. It sounds like your Dr is being very ignorant. Can you see anyone esle and what about your midwife?? What do they have to say? Thrish, if it's beyond surface thrush will not go away with just cream. I hope you get some better support soon!!

Hi there,

I had thrush for 6 weeks. At least I think it was thrush. I tried everything -- Nystatin, Clotrimazole, GSE, GV, ACV, Coconut oil, Diflucan, UV sun rays, cutting sugar and yeast from diet. Finally my right nipple seemed to be getting better. I'm 11 weeks postpartum and my left nipple still hurts during breastfeeding. It stings, burns, feels a tad itchy. I still breastfeed. It's bound to resolve itself eventually right? On some days it really almost doesn't hurt. I hope your issue clears up faster than mine does. Don't give up.

My lactation consultant thinks that is what I have in my milk ducts. I am bf twins and she thinks that they hanve it in their gut. She said to treat all of us with oral not topical to get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->