Thyroid at 4.7

Even though I have hashimotos, I haven't been on syntroid before. Last week at my 10 week appt, I found out my TSH is 9 so they started me on 0.125 of synthroid to hopefully get it under control quickly. The doctor I saw said it was reassuring that my free T4 was in the normal range still as this is the hormone that circulates in your body and what affects fetal brain development, not the TSH.

Even though I have hashimotos, I haven't been on syntroid before. Last week at my 10 week appt, I found out my TSH is 9 so they started me on 0.125 of synthroid to hopefully get it under control quickly. The doctor I saw said it was reassuring that my free T4 was in the normal range still as this is the hormone that circulates in your body and what affects fetal brain development, not the TSH.

Wow thank you!! I was so worried, I tried to research and didn't get a clear answer on if my baby could have been affected or not. That's so good to know! She didn't tell me what my t4 level was, but when I saw her I asked her if this could have caused any harm to my babys brain development and she smiled and laughed very kindly and said "no absolutely not" it was almost reassuring that I could tell she thought it was a silly question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->