• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thyroid levels - Hypothyroid question.

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Anyone else hyporthyroid? Just wanted some re-assurance that I'm not cracking up.

When I was pregnant with Eddy my consultant always tried to stabilise me at TSH less than 2, T4 less than 12.

I've done ok through this pregnancy and had very little cause to worry about my thyroid. This time I'm under GP care. I had a blood test last week and my results were 'normal' but when I got the figures my TSH was 3.25 and my t4 was 16. Not overly high but I've just been put onto Iron supplements due to aneamia in pregnancy and this historically has caused my thyroid to go a bit doolally and I'm concerned.

Just spoken to the Nurse at the surgery who is arranging for me to get a call from the Dr tomorrow. Would anyone else be concerned or am I over-thinking this. I'm been showing symptoms of being slightly under-medicated over the past 2 weeks so this also adds to my concerns.

Thanks everyone.

im hyper, graves disease but i have gone hypo..

my mom grandma and aunt are hypo so it runs in the fam

anyway when my numbers are even a tiny tiny bit off i feel it...you know you just feel it..

and my doc says even a tiny bit off is no good as your thyriod is the one keeping all your internal organs going,..if that goes off then your organs in time can hurt and shut down ..

lots of people come at me for saying this and say that just a bit off is no big deal but i believe that even a bit off is a big deal and definitely talk to your endo about it

I have graves too, now hypo. I too would be concerned about a raised tsh, even if only slightly up. I would also check with endo re iron tablets as many supplements can affect thyroxin absorption, so may just be a matter of taking them at different times. MM Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->