Thyroid problem

Leanna5813

Reaction score
I'm being checked out in two days for thyroid problems. Been having a pain on the right side of my neck right under my jaw for a couple weeks now and when I mentioned it to my mom she said that's what it sounds like. (She used to be a nurse.) Just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their thyroid and what symptoms it causes. I've been unusually tired and achy, the neck pain and it gets worse when I lean over. Feel sort of like fluid is building up there. Also have noticed incredibly dry skin...all these things have only been since the neck pain started a few weeks ago.

If it is thyroid related, what complications can come from it and how would it affect my chances at a vbac? Thanks in advance :)

If its thyroid related it wont affect pregnancy because your doctor will prescribe you with the correct dosage of thyroid pills. Your baby produces its own thyroid hormone after 12 weeks of pregnancy anyways. Do you grind ur teeth at night? This happens to me lots where my jaw and neck gets sore and its hard to tell if its thyroid related or not. But its not because my thyroid gets checked every 6 weeks and its fine. I have an underactive thyroid. And your thyroid wont determine if you can have a natural or c-section. It has nothing to do with it.

My symptoms of a underactive throid gland is just being tired all the time. Some ppl gain alot of weight with a low thyoid gland and there glands are swollen too touch. My thyroid is perfect now with the medication im always on so i have no symptoms no more. Im not familiar with an over active thyroid gland but im sure its the opposite symptoms of an under active.

And dont worry no complications can come with thyroid gland issues. Your doctor will do a simple blood test and if you do have issues with it you take one pill a day. Simple and easy

While it's true that baby makes it own thyroid hormones after 12 wks, before that, it's gets them from mom, so it can affect pg. I recently had a mmc due to my thyroid disease. Fortunately, your baby is well past that 12 wk mark. Whether or not you have a thyroid disorder shouldn't affect the type of delivery you have, but it's something you and your dr will need to figure out. Unfortunately, thyroid disease is not always straight forward, and can cause loads of symptoms. I suffer from the classic fatigue, but also many more. If you are dx with thyroid disease, I would encourage you to do tons of research, and find support. There is a wonderful Facebook page called Hypothyroid Mom. I found it after my mmc, and it's been a wonderful source of info and support. She also has a blog under the same name. GL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->