thyroid question

tryin4baby

Mum to Mia. Preg with #2
Reaction score
hi ladies.
since about 3 years ago ive had a lump on my kneck bang in the middle.
i didnt think anything of it for a while but february this year i started having chest pains on the left side so i went to the doctor i dont know how many times and they all said it was anxiety. i also had an ecg scan just to put my mind at rest that it wasnt my heart. (came back normal). for about a month or two now ive had hardly any chest pains because i tried to put them at the back of my mind and slowly they started to dissapear. but since then everytime im due my af or on af i have palpitations. these really freak me out. my mum has them too when shes on af. so i dont think to much of them but they still get me scared. the real point of this question though is about the lump in my neck. i went to the doctors about it and they said it was a thyroglossal cyst. so sent me to the hospital where they then referred me to have an ultrasound scan and a biopsy. i got the results and they say that i have a multinodular goitre and he is almost certain that no further treatment is needed. ive read on the internet that it could cause palpitations/hot flashes etc. which is what i have but only when im on my period or a few days before or a few days after. ive booked an appointment to go to the doctors tuesday and hopefully they will give me a blood test because i have not had one through all of this. just wondering has anyone been in a simular situation or does anyone know what this could be? also could this affect fertility?? xxx

hi sorry i dont have any answers for u but i have just been recentley diagnosed with an over active thyroid and my doc dold me the level it is at that i wont fall pg,i am waiting to see a surgeon to discuss having my thyroid removed to i begin ttc,maybe ask ur doc for a blood test to check ur thyroid levels,i hope u get sorted soon...oh and i get palpitations and have a rapid heart rate x

thanks for writing back hun, sorry to hear that. hope you get sorted real soon.
im going to the doctor tuesday so im going to explain what i have etc and then hopefully i can have a blood test xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->