Thyroid

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
I have an underactive thyroid that is balanced with the tabs but just wondered how quickly yours didnt balance once you were pregnant?

I take levothyroxine (Synthroid brand in the US) and only changed my prescription level up one time during my first pregnancy, then back down a few months later during the pregnancy, and not again, ever. I get my levels tested every 6 weeks throughout pregnancy and have never needed another change! So, not at all most of the time! :)

I also take Lethothyroixine (im in the uk) and have done since a few months after ds2 was born. Self diagnosed after the baby weight stuck!
Doc kind of told me to expect to increase my dose. Ive been getting a lot of joint pain so wondered if it was connected. Got my first blood check since pregnant on Monday so should find out the results soon.

I do not have a thyroid, had Thyroid Cancer and had a complete removal. I take Tirosint 137mg every morning (before pregnant). I noticed once I became pregnant I was always cold, I live in California and it is around 60-70 all the time. Doc checked my thyroid and they had to up my dosage so I take an extra 35mg. Everything seems to be leveled out now.

I would get it checked regularly especially with the pregnancy you just don't know how it is going to react to your changing body.

Tirosint is just like Synthroid (Lethothyroixine). I took Synthroid for years and just recently turned to Tirosint because it absorbs better. It is a liquid capsule and isn't effected by coffee and other stimulates you may have.

Hope this helps!

Hello I'm under active too, Drs increased my thyroxine up to 150 micrograms. I'm waiting for latest blood results which I'll get on Thursday.

I'm hypo too. I increase my dose of thyroxine by 25mcg on having a bfp then inform my doctor that this is what I've done, booking for a bloodtest to check levels 2 weeks later. Levels get checked about every 8 weeks I think and once registered with the midwife, or equivalent if not UK based, you should be referred to an endocrine clinic who will monitor you. At least, that's my experience. Never had any issues, but I can't remember whether my dose increased after my initial increase or not.

I have an under active thyroid and am nearly 40 weeks pregnant. I haven't had to increase my levothyroxine at all, and my levels have been tested every 6 weeks :)

Fab sounds like the majority dont get increased.
Im in the UK and my doc told me they will only check my thyroid 3 times the whole pregnancy, once per tri..

I'm in the uk and will be getting blood tests every 4 weeks for the first trimester. I did really push for this though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->