Tiffany screamed all night

heather91

Preggers with 2nd
Reaction score
My LO is 4 days old and last night and the night before she just cried solidly all night. I don't what to do :cry: I've tried everything but she just won't settle at night, but is fine in the day. I feel so awful for her because she keeps being sick at night as well. Any advice? x

Hermione was like this for a couple of days after she was born and i was so worried as noone warned me this is normal. she is being sick because she is working herself up. you have to stay calm. you and other half take it in turns for 30 mins slots whilst the other leaves the room, its the only way to get through it. it is normal they are learning - this is all strange. start to get a routine, not rigid or anything but simple things like at night dont talk to LO and always have lights dimmed. we have a baby classical Cd we have played from day 1 and still do. after bath we go upstairts little massage - all dimmed lights and CD playing get dressed and feed. then off to bed. obvioulsy it harder at first, but try it it will help them to learn day and night

She may well be just settling in hun, for the first week Brooke slept all day and screamed all night. It does take a while for them to get the hang on being on the outside.

As for the sick she might still have a bit of mucus in her and just clearing it all out. How badly is she sick?

Last night she threw up her whole bottle but usually it's just a mouthful or 2. My MW warned me this might happen though because I had a quick delivery. It's just so hard seeing her really unsettled and crying all night :( x

Aw :( her little body probably still has meconum in it which could be causing her a bit of discomfort. Have you tried swaddling and rocking her? It takes awhile to figure out what your LO likes. Amelie like to be held with her resting on my chest, head on my shoulders and rocked side to side as I pat her back like I was burping her. She screams if I cradle hold her. Just try different positions to see if anything settles her.

If I were you id ask the doctor about reflux , it may be just a lil bit right now but best get it under control before it gets worst ..its horrible for bubs and parents to go through ..

Is she being breastfed? maybe something in your diet ..if shes FF maybe it could be that milk itself ..

I'm FF. Yeah I'll bring it up with my MW when she comes round tommorow. When I rock her she settles for a short time, but then screams again. Wind I think. x

maybe some colic drops could help but as shes only 4 days old i dont think you can give it to her just yet ..so I will give you a trick i used for maxim at that age ..

I would swaddle him , lie him tummy down on my lap and tap his bum and rub his back while rocking side to side ..it really did help until he was old enough to get colic water

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->