Tiffany Susan Snedker (12/2/09 22:24)

heather91

Preggers with 2nd
Reaction score
Soo just thought I'd post my birth story - a bit late! I had my beautiful baby girl Tiffany at 22:24 on the 12th Feb and she weighed a tiny 6lb3oz, not exactly the 9lber my MW told me she'd be!

Had a relatively smooth labour. I was in early labour from around the 10th with irregular, not particularly painful contractions. In the evening on the 11th the contractions starting getting quite bad. I was up all night with contractions 4 minutes apart and lasting the minute, so at 5:30am I went to the hospital to see what was happening. When I got there they said I wasn't in established labour, although I was 3cm dilated and so I got sent home!

Had a tough time of it at home, the contractions were getting quite strong although 3mins apart still so at 1:30pm I went back to the hospital, having spent about 4 hours in the bath at home. When I got there, same story! My contractions went to 10 minutes apart and I was still only 3cm dilated. I was totally deflated as my labour hadn't progressed one bit in 8 hours :dohh: Anyway this time they kept me in and I went up to the ward.

My contractions carried on at 4 minutes apart for hours and were getting really really painful to the point where I couldn't cope. I sent Alan out to get me some pain relief at about 6pm and all they came back with was paracetamol. I could have killed the midwife I swear rofl. Seeing as I was still on the ward my mom came at about 7pm as I was panicing and she made someone get me gas&air which I had at about 8:15pm. It was amazing! I was checked over when they gave me the gas and air and I was only 4cm - but this is where it gets interesting!

I thought I'd have absolutely hours left but at about 21:45 the contractions were really bad, still 4 mins apart but extremely painful. I had about 7 really painful contractions in all. I asked for an epidural or pethidine but they checked me and I was 8cm dilated! So I asked them to take me down to the delivery suite to have a bath. The stupid midwife was trying to make me faff about and put my f'ing trainers on when I couldnt even walk through the contractions so in the end I went in a wheelchair and I was pushing on the way down and couldn't stop! I told the MW and she said that I didn't need to push (like I was lying or something) and left me in the delivery room on my own. Went to the toilet and my waters broke and I couldn't stop pushing again and I could feel her crowning!

Alan ran out to get the midwife who said she was SURE she wasn't coming yet, but then there was a mad panic and I was getting taken over to the bed because she was coming :happydance::happydance: It all happened so fast. I was pushing for 15mins and then my little girl entered the world at 22:24 :cloud9::cloud9:

I had a 2nd degree tear (only needed 5 stitches - the MW said she's given me a designer vagina :rofl:) and a labial tear. It's sore, but healing. I actually found having the stitches more painful than pushing! They couldn't put a time on my established labour because in truth, they didn't know. During the whole thing I was checked on 3 times and that's when Alan actually physically brought them to the room I was in on the ward. I was admitted to the delivery suite at 21:55 less than half an hour later. I reckon it was probably only about an hour and a half though because thats where the pain was unbearable.

The midwives were absolutely shit when I was in labour but the midwives that delivered her were absolutely excellent. Couldn't fault them whatsoever.

Anyway sorry it's such an essay :blush: I'm just over the moon and Tiffany is absolutely perfect!

https://www.geocities.com/heathz_angelz/P2190159.JPG
https://www.geocities.com/heathz_angelz/P2190161.JPG
https://www.geocities.com/heathz_angelz/P2200162.JPG

Congratulations!! She's beautiful!! xx

What a great story, she certainly made her enterance x

Great story, congratulations!! She is a gorgeous little girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->