Tightenings across the belly approx 6 weeks

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Just got a positive test result 5 days ago and I keep getting a tightening feeling from one hip area to the other across my belly. Has anyone else had this at approximately 5-7 weeks pregnant? I’m also getting cramps that come and go. I had a miscarriage in January and trying not to worry myself or compare symptoms is hard. In 6 days I’ll be at the same stage as last pregnancy.

@Miss_chicka I almost posted something similar. Since I've turned 7 weeks I've felt that same feeling. It feels like round ligament pain but goes across instead of in just one side. Don't remember it from my first pregnancy but I feel like it's related to the uterus growing.

Congratulations! I’m sorry for the loss. I agree sounds like typical uterine mutiny. I know it’s hard not to compare to the loss, but unless it’s painful or bleeding try to breathe through it. If it’s really making you nervous, tell your obgyn for some reassurance

Thank you for your replies. I don’t have an obgyn and I don’t have a doctors appointment (my first one) for another week where he will do bloods and I will get a referral for a dating scan. It’s hard to make an appointment here to see the doctors and they are always booked out. The Tightenings aren’t painful but I am still getting period like cramps that come and go. I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling it

@Miss_chicka my first pregnancy I cramped regularity from 2-8 weeks, it's pretty normal as long as you aren't doubled over in pain. I'm still waiting on my first appointment as well. Usually midwives book the first appointment around week 10.

@Miss_chicka my first pregnancy I cramped regularity from 2-8 weeks, it's pretty normal as long as you aren't doubled over in pain. I'm still waiting on my first appointment as well. Usually midwives book the first appointment around week 10.

In Australia we see the doctor who will do the bloods to confirm and the referral to the dating scan if needed. They will also give us our 12 week scan referral. We book with the midwives around 16 weeks and I think see them every 2 months until it gets closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->