Tilted womb?

BabyBlondex

Mummy to 2 💕
Reaction score
Anyone else have one of these and finds it harder to get pregnant... :S

I do have a tilted uterus. I haven't been trying for all that long so I can't really say I've found it difficult. My OB told me that missionary might not be the best position for TTC.

wow really? probably will be the case then that its took ages for me to get pregnant in the first place lol

Sorry to hijack, I just wondered what a tilted uterus was and how do you know you have one?

A tilted uterus is also called a retroverted uterus. It means that it's flipped around backwards. If you google images it should explain that a little better.

Your Ob/Gyn can usually tell you if you have one by pushing hard on your lower abdomen during an internal exam, or sometimes by ultrasound. I found out after I had my miscarriage. It can sometimes cause pain during sex because of the angle and position of the cervix, but usually it doesn't interfere at all with pregnancy. Some studies suggest that it might be more difficult to conceive in missionary position because the angle of the cervix causes it to dip up away from the semen pool instead of down into it.

Thanks for that. I had no idea that could happen - I'm learning so much on here.
Wishing you both the best to luck :thumbup:

Thanks!

Yeah some people are born that way, and sometimes it can happen because of having a baby. I guess I was just born that way! My aunts both say they're the same way.

yeh they found out i had one after my miscarriage aswel, from a vaginal scan, my mum has one aswel, so i guess it can probably run in the family, i didnt even know what it was when they mentioned it to me at the scan, i was thinking there was something wrong.. but its really normal to have :) x

Hey I think I have that as well, I had a D&C a few years ago after an adverse reaction to a contraceptive injection and I was told something about my uterus...I can't remember exactly what he told me it was called but that rings a bell! He also assured me it wouldn't affect my ability to conceive.
Was just wondering what positions you ob did recommend (if any)?

Yes, she actually recommended doggy. It was an awesomely awkward conversation. She said it probably wouldn't affect conception as there are just as many studies out there showing no correlation as there are studies showing a correlation between these positions and conception in women with tilted uteruses.

Yeah I can imagine that was an awkward conversation!! Thanks, trying not to take things too seriously just yet and go with it because I know I'll get really obsessive!!

Hey girls, Thanks for this thread.. i also have a tilted uterus so this is good info to know!!

I have been wondering about this as well! My ob gyn told me a while back that mine is and that it *shouldn't* affect getting pregnant. Hmmm I guess we will see

I've had a tilted uterus all my life (I'm 20) I've got a happy healthy 1 year old it took me 3 years to get him but it does happen we only ever do missionary were rather boring people in bed lol let us no how things go Hun xx

Ive a tilted womb aswell, ive had 2 babies fine, i never heard about it until after i had my second son. apparently my mum has one too, so im guessing it might run in the family. thanks for the position tip tho :)

i dnt think it effects getting pregnant. i have quite a severe one and have been pregnant 6 times. hope this helps. makes early scan a bit more difficult though lol nasty nasty internal scans lol xxx

yeah i have one too, and I agree with wantabean it does make the first internal very uncomfy...

I don't have a tilted one, but I have a bicornuate uterues where its shaped like a heart. We found out when I was 8 weeks pregnant and were told that I had a higher chance of a miscarriage, however all was fine and my little boy is 2 :)

Its actually quite common really =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->