Time To Let Kitty Out

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I'm really scared to let her out incase she don't come back!

Anyone who has cats or who knows have you any advice, we been here 2 months so she should be ok? :blush:

I would go out with her a few times then bring her in. Each time letting her wonder farther. This way she can get a sence of her surroundings ;)

hey hun the tip the vet told me is to put her out before you feed her maybe in the morning - then prepare her favourite food after a short time she has been out.

First time we moved I brought a cat harness which fits through all 4 legs so they couldn't escape and walked them around the garden for half an hour for a few days so they could sniff around and get used to the area.

Second time I tried it again but one of the little buggers escaped but I left the back door open and he came back.

Third and final move I just left the door open and they came and went as they pleased.

Cx

When I moved I kept the cats in for two nights and then let them out. They haven't gone any where so i would think after two months you'll be fine.

Apparently cats have a homing ability lol, my cat got lost then was sitting outside my flats one night crying. I called her name and she "meow" at me, so I kept calling and she kept meowing bless her, I was crying when I got her back she was so weak etc.. I was cooking chicken at the time but I gave it all to her.. :( lol. It's so upsetting when you lose your loved pets, I couldn't stop crying, found it hard to study at college and broke out insome kind of eczema looking stuff on my tummy..

Found this link: https://www.petplace.com/dogs/homing-behavior-in-dogs-and-cats/page1.aspx

I reckon your kitty will be ok, but don't have any real advice as my cats are "flat cats". How about a microchip just incase?

When we moved into last house that was short stay til we moved in here she went missing after a week (got out) I was heart broken! 2 weeks later I found she'd been curled up on some old old womans bed 2 doors up ffs! Dunno why she never came to house! Maybe she was confused so thats why I was worried :(

My cat is a house cat, i rarely let him out because of the road nearby.
He knows now that i wont let him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"