Time To Let Kitty Out

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wobbles, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

I'm really scared to let her out incase she don't come back!

Anyone who has cats or who knows have you any advice, we been here 2 months so she should be ok? :blush:

2. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

they say 4 weeks so should b fine

3. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

I would go out with her a few times then bring her in. Each time letting her wonder farther. This way she can get a sence of her surroundings ;)

4. Jo-anne

Jo-anne Well-Known Member

hey hun the tip the vet told me is to put her out before you feed her maybe in the morning - then prepare her favourite food after a short time she has been out.

5. MrsE

MrsE Well-Known Member

First time we moved I brought a cat harness which fits through all 4 legs so they couldn't escape and walked them around the garden for half an hour for a few days so they could sniff around and get used to the area.

Second time I tried it again but one of the little buggers escaped but I left the back door open and he came back.

Third and final move I just left the door open and they came and went as they pleased.

Cx

6. LynnieH

LynnieH Well-Known Member

When I moved I kept the cats in for two nights and then let them out. They haven't gone any where so i would think after two months you'll be fine.

7. Tilly

Tilly Guest

Apparently cats have a homing ability lol, my cat got lost then was sitting outside my flats one night crying. I called her name and she "meow" at me, so I kept calling and she kept meowing bless her, I was crying when I got her back she was so weak etc.. I was cooking chicken at the time but I gave it all to her.. :( lol. It's so upsetting when you lose your loved pets, I couldn't stop crying, found it hard to study at college and broke out insome kind of eczema looking stuff on my tummy..

Found this link: http://www.petplace.com/dogs/homing-behavior-in-dogs-and-cats/page1.aspx

I reckon your kitty will be ok, but don't have any real advice as my cats are "flat cats". How about a microchip just incase?

8. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

When we moved into last house that was short stay til we moved in here she went missing after a week (got out) I was heart broken! 2 weeks later I found she'd been curled up on some old old womans bed 2 doors up ffs! Dunno why she never came to house! Maybe she was confused so thats why I was worried :(

9. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

My cat is a house cat, i rarely let him out because of the road nearby.
    He knows now that i wont let him out.