Tinsel haters unite!!!

DanielleM

Reaction score
Come on who hates the horrible stuff? It is banned from my house, although Jacob has sneaked some onto his little bedroom tree :growlmad:

I can't stand the stuff, who's with me :flower:

I'm not overly fussed on it as a decoration but we have it because I LOVE the smell, it is such a unique Christmas smell and every year I unpack it and it smells the same, takes me back to childhood, I have to sniff every bit I walk past in the shops ha! But it's not the classiest of decoration lol.

I'm with you. Belongs in the 80s with them naff looking glossy paper chain decorations that everyone used to hang across the living room ceiling. Haha

I don't mind it on the tree, for a little extra sparkle! But I hate it anywhere else in the house.. Don't ask why, I'm just strange :haha: X

LOATHE IT. I have more patience for matte tinsel, but its just so opposite the cosy, folksy feel you get from wooden/felt decorations.

I'm with you. Belongs in the 80s with them naff looking glossy paper chain decorations that everyone used to hang across the living room ceiling. Haha

my mil still does this

:rofl:

I hate tinsel with a passion. We never had it on our tree when I was growing up either - although I do put it on the tree at school because the kids moan if it doesn't have any!

I hate it also, thought I was just freakishly picky :haha:

I don't like it that much either but my OH insists on it going on the tree and as he lets me get my own way with everything else Christmassy I have to let him have it.

I notice we have a rival group, those people are crazy :wacko: :haha:

Can't stand the stuff. I use wide ribbon (Christmas style) and beads around my tree instead.

I hate, hate, hate the stuff. It should be outlawed just like those foil decorations from years ago that you used to hang from the ceiling:haha:

I don't like the texture of it. reminds me of the feather duster and that makes me cringe like mad.
Plus it gets EVERYWHERE!

I'm in the tinsel haters club. Not a scrap may pass the front door. [-X
I find it almost as annoying as the metallic shapes that people put in Christmas & birthday cards.

I had to actually google 'tinsel' to find out what it was. I recall having it on our tree when I was really young. I never see it around anymore in the stores, or maybe I'm just missing it?? Idk. But, yeah, don't like it.

I hate it. We had it when we were younger but then my mum stopped and grew to hate it. It will never be on my tree! It just looks so awful.

I go for a traditional looking tree admittedly a fake one! With just white lights, lots of red, gold and silver decorations, most wood, felt or glass. Tinsel would just cheapen the overall look.

HATE tinsel!

Looks, feels, is awful!

Comes from my mum though, she also hates the stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->