Tinsel haters unite!!!

We have a little bit on our tree but that's it.

Although I always wrap it round my head and take a picture every year... A 20-something year old woman, totally over compensating for never being picked as an angel in the nativity play when she was little.

Yep.

I hate tinsel on a tree!! Think it takes the elegance away from it.
But I do love it up the stairs with some lights for extra sparkle :thumbup:

We have a little bit on our tree but that's it.

Although I always wrap it round my head and take a picture every year... A 20-something year old woman, totally over compensating for never being picked as an angel in the nativity play when she was little.

Yep.

one year i was a candle, yes a candle with coloured green tinsel somewhere think we were holding it i've no idea. maybe this is where my hatred of it comes from pahahahaha!

Thankfully my LO had a better part he was a shepherd although he looked more like a keith lemon tribute the way they'd painted his tash on :haha:

🙊 I love it.
Love the smell, love the texture. It's just not Christmassy enough without it! Reminds me of being a little girl again.

Lol, I saw the tinsel lovers thread and really wanted to post in there, but it just seemed a bit mean spirited. I loathe the stuff - the look, the feel, the smell, ugh! When I moved in with my now hubby, he used to put it on everything - the tree, pictures on the wall, door frames, curtain poles. Makes me shudder now just thinking about it! I put up with it for years, but then gradually phased it out, throwing away a bit every year, until last year I finally threw away the last bit. Looking forward to a totally tinsel free Christmas this year :thumbup:

The only thing it is good for is keeping the cats busy.

I wonder if tinsel haters share any other christmas pet hates?!

I can't stand non christmas type ornaments, for example wilkinsons last year were selling glittery high heels to hang on the tree..

Anything that looks like an attempt at a rave... i don't mind a twinkle but that is where the line is drawn.

I might be just a tad fussy though, i have only recently come around to the idea having a fake tree :/

I do hate it when people write Xmas. I don't mind when it's something that's not meaningful like a list but when cards and ornaments say happy Xmas I want to scream.

I agree about the xmas thing! In cards or on things, it just doesn't seem right!

I can't stand non christmas type ornaments, for example wilkinsons last year were selling glittery high heels to hang on the tree..

Anything that looks like an attempt at a rave... i don't mind a twinkle but that is where the line is drawn.

I might be just a tad fussy though, i have only recently come around to the idea having a fake tree :/

Totally agree with you! I don't understand it, at all. I actually remember seeing that decoration and thinking what on earth does that have to do with Christmas!? :wacko:

I cannot have tinsel on mine because of the cats and dog, we tried it once it was not a good idea.. Its way to messy any way :haha:

Hehe tinsel avoider here too. Just can't abide the stuff eeew

Totally agree with you! I don't understand it, at all. I actually remember seeing that decoration and thinking what on earth does that have to do with Christmas!? :wacko:
Hahaha I agree to some extent but I do have a few random odd balls for my tree but then it's not traditional at all. I just brought from sausage dogs in stripey jumper decorations from John lewis, largely because the jumper is bright colours like our tree and in part a nod to our favourite little dauschund across the road, Basil. Our tree is a child's dream, full of sweetie decor, candy canes, cakes, gingerbread, bright colours. It also goes super well with our front room decor. When we move next year, I long for a more traditional tree and the kids can eat their hearts out with these ones for their rooms lol

Don't have it anymore, I get way to ocd with the stuff in my tree. I do actually prefer my tree without. It's the same reason why we went for a pre lit tree over one where you put the fairy lights on yourself. I get way to ocd and it never looks right, a pre lit tree looks a million x neater

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->