Tips and Needs for postpartum....

mommytoTandE

Mother of 3 & 1 angel
Reaction score
Hello Mommies! I haven't gotten to our little one's birth story yet but just had to suggest the following for those of you preparing for delivery of your sweet babies.

Make sure the sanitary pads you have for postpartum DO NOY HAVE WINGS in case you have episiotomy or tear stitches. You don't want the wing to unstick and flip up and stick to you! Take my word on that. :blush: Also make sure they are long ones... I found myself leaking out over the front of the regular pads. I had a hard time finding the long wingless at some stores and ended up with long bladder control pads.

When you leave the hospital make sure to ask for extra pads that have the built in ice packs. I was more sore in the lady bits after i was home as the swelling went down and the stitches started to pull a bit. The cooling pads feel so good!

When you get home don't feel bad about turning visitors away for the first week. i finally feel up for company this week. When your breasts leak like faucets and bras and breast pads make your hair stand up all you want to wear is a loose t shirt and hold burp clothes on the to catch the overflow. This DOES get better after the first week.

Above all Snuggle Snuggle and Snuggle you newborns :) Best wishes to all of you and thanks so much for helping me through this exciting time!

no problem!!! Oh, may want to stock up on some witch's hazel and cortisone cream from any itchiness down there... :)

I'll add my tip - make sure you drink LOADS after the birth, especially if breastfeeding, and eat a high fibre diet. I had 'toileting issues' afterwards and, after a week of not being able to poop, I had to have stuff from the doctor to help things along. I had a 2nd degree tear but I think the main causes were dehydration and everything not working properly 'down there' for a while. :wacko:

I loved winged pads, and found ones without leaked and folded in the middle. I echo what span said, I had horrible constipation too. xx

I loved winged pads, and found ones without leaked and folded in the middle. I echo what span said, I had horrible constipation too. xx

I would love to use winged pads, but OUCHY, after it stuck to the stitches I had to change. Hope to switch back as soon as they dissolve :)

I just used the incontinence pads the first few days....they worked like a charm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->