Tips for a medication free birth for #2?

bombshellmom

Momma of 2 DD'S and expecting DS in April!
Reaction score
I had an epidural with DD but it numbed me in the wrong spots, so I felt the contractions but not sure if I felt them as bad as it would have been. Plus I was like strapped to the bed (not really but felt like a hostage) so I couldn't move to relieve pain even before the epidural took place. I don't want it this time.

I just have a lot of issues with panic and anxiety and I am afraid that I will freak out and have a panic attack that I will bleed to death, or the pain will make me feel like I'm dying (I have health anxiety) so mainly my question is, what can I do to make myself more comfortable and any tips to surely not ask for the epi?

I don't want a home birth either..too afraid!:nope:

With my lo I think the reason I only had gas and air was because by the time I got to hospital I was already 6cm. I stayed at home until I literally couldnt stand it any longer. The gas was such a relief that I didnt even ask for anything else. I got a little crazy towards the end as I was ten cm for about an hour but some of my cervix was stuck so they wouldnt let me push. They wanted me to have something to calm me down but I refused and then they let me push so all was good. That is the only tip I have really!

Do they have the birthing balls at your hospital? I found those really helped, plus really deep controlled breathing, and I know it's hard, but relaxing your body as much as possible. Tensing up just makes the pain worse.

Have you looked into taking an active birthing class? Learning to move and breath during labour really helped me relax and work with the contractions when in labour (I didn't take anything the whole labour). Laying down if the worst position to give birth in because you're working against gravity!

It also might help to read some positive birthing stories.

I stood up when I gave birth and I found this helped so much. when I lay down to be examined I was hysterical with the pain but just standing and swaying helped me alot. I did have gas and air but only for the pushing stage. completely different to my first labour.

I never had any drugs with any of my 3 labours and births. I just found that concentrating/focussing on my breathing helped.
Good luck xx

Standing/leaning over and swaying, with a heating pad held tightly on my stomach, helped me with some of the contractions. I stood until i felt the urge to push.pushing is such a relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->