Tips for aching feet/calves/back

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Right, I know I need to lose weight so have been trying to do physical stuff each day. However..........I am in AGONY. My lower back/Pelvis ache like mad. My feet are so so sore, they ache even when I lie down and I keep getting cramps in my calves :(. I am constantly tired........but with an erratic sleep pattern (as you can see from the post time!!) And I constantly feel ill and have a sore throat. I have cut down what I eat - no fizzy drinks and always having veg instead of potatoes - less bread etc. But I feel constantly like I have a cold - and only today have my lungs stopped roaring when I breathe (from the phlem!!)

Im 250lbs........46% fat. Just dieting has not worked - so I need to get moving, but even just walking say........4 miles a day is killing me and after a week I am wrecked and well, weight nor fat% has moved so it is leaving me questioning WHY?? Whats the point?!

I want to go back to the docs, but im still put off after she acutally laughed when she said that basically I was "a bit fat" and that there was nothing wrong with my blood!

I also have a lot of dark hair coming in on my face and acne again............

Sorry, this got a bit more into a rant!

So yeah.................help! how can I stop my legs hurting so much???

I think you are doing great if you are walking 4 miles a day!! But if you aren't used to it, you need to work up to it, to give your feet a chance to "break in." Starting out slow can be maddening, but it is absolutely necessary. Might your shoes be part of the problem? If they aren't comfy, try different ones. Also, if you have access to a pool, you can get great exercise without the impact on your feet/hips/back/etc that you get when you exercise on dry land. Don't forget to take breaks, though. If you are new to exercising, your body needs days off to recover.

Drinking lots of water might help with the cramps. If you are getting muscle cramps you are probably dehydrated...and also eating bananas (for the potassium, I think?) is supposed to help too, I think?

Stick with it, I bet you're doing better than you think! If you hate your doc, can you maybe see a different one?

Don't forget to stretch, too. You can find stretches online for whatever muscles are sore.

are you making sure to have a proper warm up and cool down. also don't forget to ice after your workout!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->