Tips for bringing wind up

Sovereign

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on how to bring Charlie's wind up. I either put him over my shoulder or sort of sit him up and pat his back and rub it but he doesn't burp very often and then sometimes I think he has a bit of wind cos he cries with his legs all scrunched up. He is only 15 days old so I am still feeling out of my depth and I just want to be able to help him. Am I doing it wrong? Or has anyone any advice? Thanks.x

You have to be persistant. Sometimes it can take what seems like years. Swap from one position to another. Try holding him upright, or bouncing him on your knee inbetween x

How hard are you patting? Sometimes you have to pat kinda hard. Like, at first I felt like we were going to beat Colton! He wouldn't burp at all unless he was patted really hard. I always used to chuckle when I saw someone else trying to burp him because they used to pat him like he was so fragile.. I had to correct them in the proper "getting Colton to burp technique" and then he would burp. And it never took him very long.

The other position that worked for us sometimes is to lay them across your lap face down (a bit like you were going to spank them). Yes I'd agree with MarchBaby - be firm in your pats and do a bit of sorta circular rubbing in between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->