Tips for helping with tiredness??

KimmyLou

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 7 weeks pregnant now and seem to have hit a wall with tiredness. I've 3 children and no chance of having a nap during the day. Has anyone got any tips that get them through the day? Xx

Sorry, I haven't got much to actually help with the tiredness, although for me sometimes a fruit juice and sparkly water combo helps. But for naps, could you just plonk the kids in front of the tv for half an hour and sleep on the sofa? I've perfected that art this first trimester. I don't sleep deeply and wake up at the slightest thing, so I have no safety concerns. Plus we pick educational shows so my guilt doesn't get too bad (current favourites: Andy's wild adventures and Nina and the neurons). Depends on your kids' ages of course though and whether they'd sit quietly for half an hour or not. We also put on audiobooks sometimes and I have a rest on the sofa while they draw or play. Or could you get a friend to watch them, even for an hour every so often? Or maybe you could pay a local teenager to entertain the kids while you have a rest?

My first thought was if you could get someone you know to watch the kids maybe just for the morning so you can sleep in? My mother in law has been doing this for me at least one weekend morning a week and it has been very helpful. Also, I don't know if you are drinking caffeine during your pregnancy, but if you are, I would try to have that litte but of caffeine mid day like around lunch time for a litte kick of energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->