Tips for lazy feeder? Want to give up!

rubberducky88

Mum to 2 little monsters!
Reaction score
My daughter is so lazy with feeding and it's driving me crazy.
She's 11 days old and for the first 4/5days she did so well sucking brilliantly and feeding for 20-30mins.

Now, she latches, sucks about 5/6 times, stops, comfort sucks, falls asleep. So I take her off and burp her to wake her up, lay her down so she wakes, but then the whole thing happens again.
It's taking us up to an hour and a half to finish a feed :( it's so stressful and is making me want to give up.
I feel like I can't go anywhere cos I'm stuck feeding all day long.

Help please :( any tips? Xx

Hi :flower:
I had the same problem but when ds was just born. I used to blow gently on his head or play with his feet when he was starting to nod off, and take a layer of clothes off when feeding (like his cardigan) to try prevent him being to cosy warm and nodding off.
It definitely helped us :thumbup:

Definitely second what the pp mentioned also we used to rub and touch our first DD with a cool wash cloth and have her stripped down to just her diaper sometimes as she was so sleepy that was all that would work.

My daughter is like this. Feeds for 10mins max and thats with a nappy change and clothes removal plus blowing and she is 3 weeks old.

When she's asleep, put her in the pram and go for a 15min walk outside, get a hot chocolate etc, you'll feel much better. If you can try learning to feed in a wrap? That will help with going out and bf in public. If you're uncomfortable, you can always pop into the car or somewhere with a parent room?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->