Tips on diet, nutrition and methods to improve Fertility!!!

Emmi

Reaction score
So after being in the big sink hole of despair after a failed IVF - I was desperate to find help from anywhere and everywhere.......So I looked at Fertility Acupuncture that has been recommended by every man and his dog only to find that as I don't happen to be a millionaire - it's totally out of the question......I happen to think that those ludicrous prices are just preying on the vulnerable......Totally shocking......

So in my desperation - I have just had to look at the poor man's methods to improve my fertility. As far as I know - there is nothing wrong with our fertility except our age - 42 and 47 respectively......

So - my first port of call - Royaly Jelly.......The Queen Bee must be doing something right and Royal Jelly is rich in amino acids, lipids, sugars, vitamins, and most importantly, proteins. It contains high levels of vitamins D and E, and also has ample levels of iron and calcium - so surely it can be doing nothing but good for me!!!! It was on sale at my local health food shop so I stocked up.

Next thing Castor Oil packs!! Now folk from a certain generation know all about the goodness of castor oil and also my parents knew all about it as they happen to be Indian - the castor bean happens to originate from India. So - the castor oil can be hard to find but Amazon and Asian supermarkets should stock it. The castor oil amongst other things helps the blood flow in the uterus and all you need is - castor oil, a flannel and a hot water bottle......Bingo!!!! A whole lot better than spending £45 on a 45 mins acupuncture session......

https://www.greenster.com/magazine/castor-oil-packs/

We have both vowed to stay off the booze, caffeine and fizzy drinks. Hubby's pesky swimmers improved big time by using -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Natural-He...29771&sr=1-6&keywords=Natural+Health+Practice

The latest additions to my suppliments are also fish oils - all those Omega Oils are proved to help fertility so am giving that a whirl!!

Anyway - I am distraught after the failed IVF and I doubt we can afford it again so my only option is look at cheaper alternatives to help. I can't sit back and do nothing and I feel a whole lot better knowing I can help myself without bankrupting myself!!!!

Please do share what diets you use or have come across. All tips and help would be welcome and I think would be great to share.

:flower:

Emmi, thank you for starting this thread--total empowerment. i love it!! i'm including a link that has numerous articles about nutrition, fertility boosters, and detoxing. i hope everyone will find helpful. very much a common sense approach.

https://www.fertileheart.com/category/foods-supplements/fertility-food-choices/

Thank you for the link - it's brilliant!!!!

Yes - it is about empowerment..... I am sick of stats and people's crappy advice about giving up so I need to help myself.

x

Okay - I have just received my book today that I ordered -

The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant by Jean M. Twenge

It does sound funny, informative and full of things that I need to know! So will let you know if it's worth a read or not:coffee:

Okay - I have just received my book today that I ordered -

The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant by Jean M. Twenge

It does sound funny, informative and full of things that I need to know! So will let you know if it's worth a read or not:coffee:

oooooh! i haven't heard of that one. you must let me know if you like. Emmi, with all you've been through, i think some laughter is in order. it is a powerful took when dealing with stress!!!

Emmi, I agree Fertility Acupuncture can be expensive but you can do acu pressure points by yourself at home, it's free!!! and I am sure as effective. you just need to do a bit of reading and may be go for one session with a proper practitioner to figure out what your deficiencies/excesses are then just start doing acu pressure changing the relevant points as you go through the cycle. Check the fertile sole website for Dr Lewis' recommendations https://www.thefertilesoul.com/

Emmi, I agree Fertility Acupuncture can be expensive but you can do acu pressure points by yourself at home, it's free!!! and I am sure as effective. you just need to do a bit of reading and may be go for one session with a proper practitioner to figure out what your deficiencies/excesses are then just start doing acu pressure changing the relevant points as you go through the cycle. Check the fertile sole website for Dr Lewis' recommendations https://www.thefertilesoul.com/

Thanks Briss - agree, there must be things that I can be doing for myself!! Thank you for the link - that will be my next little project:thumbup:

re Royaly Jelly, I bought some fresh royal jelly from wholefoods and I think that's the way to go rather than supplements. still that stuff is terribly expensive and tastes not that great. I heard it's so much cheaper in Germany but the problem is it needs to be fresh so any transportations that takes days may just ruin all beneficial properties. I am thinking of getting some from local farmers - https://www.apitherapywellbeing.co....elly-wellbeing/product/pure-fresh-royal-jelly a bit cheaper than wholefoods. I am still questioning its effectiveness though. Does it necessarily follow that what's beneficial for bees will also be beneficial for human beings? I am not convinced and tbh, I think the best and the cheapest way to improve your health and fertility is just getting more greens. proper fresh leafy things from the local markets. I spend about 1-2 pounds a week and get plenty of it. it costs a fortune in waitrose for whatever reason. at least half of my daily salads are greens (add a drop of olive oil and squeeze some lemon for additional benefits and alkalisation). if you cant eat greens, just add them to smoothies with bananas. bananas can make anything taste good.

I've never tried Castor Oil but TMI I firmly believe that having an orgasm every day before O brings your blood to your reproductive organs and keeps menopause away! Just look at it as a fertility exercise. it sort of reminds your body that you are still using these bits so your body thinks that it needs to provide proper blood flow to them. Acupuncture does the same thing but orgasms are free…

Lovin that - orgasms are indeed free! We are getting back our mojo in the bedroom - it's taken a hit with all the trying to conceive etc.....We just need to enjoy ourselves so we have a dirty weekend planned this weekend:blush:

With regards to Royal jelly - I think there is enough goodness in it to be good for us but I also have manuka honey every day too. Now I swear by this when it comes to being a natural germ killer (I haven't had a cold since I started taking this) and I believe a lot of acupuncturists recommend this too for the reproductive system.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3787867.stm

The other supplement that I have been researching is fish oils - that's been proved that Omega Oils are good for us and fertility in both men and women so that can't hurt.

Agree with the eat your greens thing - I am actually a real veggie and fruit lover so I do think that I eat quite healthily - lentil soup tonight with spinach and red peppers. :thumbup:

Emmi, well done on getting your mojo back, I can totally relate it's so not easy while TTC. My Dh has very low sex drive so he is not much help in getting my orgasms as often as I need to… annoyingly now while I am in TWW after ET he is really up for it! I told him no cos I am really scared of anything affecting implantation. and Zita West does not recommend it after ET.

I also add manuka honey to my ginger and lemon tea in TWW! delicious! actually since I started all this mad supplements regime I do not think I've had cold or anything like that. having said that, it's possible that strong immune system is preventing us from getting pregnant as it successfully fights all foreign bodies including sperm. Quite a few ladies reported getting pregnant while being ill so I think for some having strong immune system might be an issue.

I've been taking fish oils (1,000 a day) for about 1.5 years. I am taking some now. I think it's harmless (make sure it's not cod liver oil, it has to be from fish's body not liver)

lentil soup with spinach and red peppers sounds great! I am not a great cook so I just eat salads…

We only got married last year - have only been together for 2 and half years so we were like rabbits at first......But then hubby has a stressful job so trying to make him do the bd when all he wants to do sleep after a long working day is just so hard - if it was just at weekends then all would be good with the world!!:shrug:

I was told not to do the bedroom tango after ET so just take it easy for now.

Hmmmm - interesting about having the strong immune system.....But I also think another huge reason I am so healthy is because I have a very lovely little doogie that I have to walk in the sun, rain or snow. I think braving the elements makes you far healthier. Oh and another health food I swear by is garlic - I use it in everything and the qualities in those little bulbs are bionic!

Salads are great and so easy! I am bit of a foody - love to cook and I am determined to make sure that hubby gets 5 a day.....He would eat nothing but junk if he could!!!:dohh:

oh garlic! love it! unfortunately cos I can cook I do not get to eat it very often. I actually think that your strong immune system is largely due to garlic. it fights any infection or bacteria. truly miracle food

my hubby is the same but luckily he loves his blueberries and eats lots of them every day. If only I could make him eat garlic as well… it's great for sperm

Well at least your hubby will eat blueberries - my hubby hates fruit!!!! I have managed to get him to drink cranberry and orange juice so that's something!! I shove garlic in everything I cook him so heaven knows if his colleagues think he stinks at work ;-)

As I am of Indian origins - I love garlic and chilli. Another great spice that is know to kill all sorts of germs is turmeric - a proper wonder spice!

well, i'm going to take the plunge in to the paleo diet lifestyle world. yesterday i collected cooking supplies such grapeseed, coconut oil, almond flour. i'm hoping that detoxing all the unnatural stuff will help me harvest a good egg. if i'm actually able to stick with it and i don't get pregs, well them, i'll still have a healthier lifestyle.

i have to say, last night i made my first paleo dinner using julienned zucchini instead of pasta with chicken meatballs and it was the tastiest meal i've had in a long time!

i'm really hoping i can keep this up! it is very fun right now though!!

Regarding the 46 year old and getting pregnant on that strict organic diet, she was only on it for 3 mos before BFP. Also another poster who went to a leading fertility immunologist, she was told to go on the paleo diet for her fertility issues. I think you all are on right track.

well, i'm going to take the plunge in to the paleo diet lifestyle world. yesterday i collected cooking supplies such grapeseed, coconut oil, almond flour. i'm hoping that detoxing all the unnatural stuff will help me harvest a good egg. if i'm actually able to stick with it and i don't get pregs, well them, i'll still have a healthier lifestyle.

i have to say, last night i made my first paleo dinner using julienned zucchini instead of pasta with chicken meatballs and it was the tastiest meal i've had in a long time!

i'm really hoping i can keep this up! it is very fun right now though!!

It can only do good things so go for it!!! Your dinner sounds fabulous! I am in the midst of making veggie soup with lots of fabulous ingredients - it's very cold, wet and grey in the UK so perfect soup weather!

Regarding the 46 year old and getting pregnant on that strict organic diet, she was only on it for 3 mos before BFP. Also another poster who went to a leading fertility immunologist, she was told to go on the paleo diet for her fertility issues. I think you all are on right track.

thank you Garnet! those stories are very uplifting. i hope i can keep up the momentum. feeling a little nausea and headache today but hoping i can find the will to get through the bad stuff that is just an indication of how terrible my habits really are!

Hey all,
Can I join in?
Im 36, and recently went through two miscarriages (July and October 2013)
Im hoping to start ttc-ing again asap, and am just waiting to O at this stage!

Ive changed by diet/supplements slightly.. No Diet Coke, no Alcohol at all, etc

As for Supplements I take:

Pregnacare Conception
CoQ10
Magnesium
B Complex
Folic Acid

I know Zinc is v important too, but according to the Pregnacare box, there is 100% RDA of Zinc, so Ive decided not to supplement my supplement with Zinc! :wacko:

The Magnesium in the PRegnacare is only 16% RDA, so Im adding in a magnesium supplement daily!

Im not thinking two much about dosage etc yet... Im going to try these at the general recommended dosages for this month and see what happens!

xxx

Hi Sofaqueen, nice to have you here:flower: So sorry to hear about your miscarriages - it's all so hard:hugs: I am waiting to ovulate after a failed IVF and I haven't got a clue what's happening with my body after all the drugs that are still in my body.....I have usually been an every 28-30 cycle kinda gal so gawd knows what's going on:wacko:

Your pills selection is resembling mine and I have just added selenium - it's a wonder I don't rattle with all my pill popping!

Some superfoods that I have just been reading about that you all might like to know -

Bananas - vitamin B6
Asparagus - Folic Acid
Shellfish - B12
Eggs - Vitamin D
Almonds - Vitamin E
Citrus fruits - Vitamin C
Tofu - Iron
Salmon - selenium
Peas - zinc (I totally love mushy peas so lovin that it must be helping me!!)
Mackeral - fatty acids

:flower:

I recently read that's peas should be avoided when TTC. I can't remember why but I have not touched them since

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->