Tips on diet, nutrition and methods to improve Fertility!!!

Emmi, there might be an explanation why your 44 year old friend got pregnant despite junk food, alcohol etc when we get closer to menopause we start releasing more than one egg at a time, some kind of pre menopausal thing you probably heard about it, most of these eggs are of poor quality but a few may still be OK so if you TTC during this period you may get lucky.

I'm now researching supplements...coQ10, fish oils, vitamin E. My head is spinning but this thread is really helping out. Thanks!

I'm going to check out the thread on Over 40 Natural BFP with DHEA CoQ10 Vitex Black Cohosh Low AMH, thanks for posting that link, as well.

Emmi, there might be an explanation why your 44 year old friend got pregnant despite junk food, alcohol etc when we get closer to menopause we start releasing more than one egg at a time, some kind of pre menopausal thing you probably heard about it, most of these eggs are of poor quality but a few may still be OK so if you TTC during this period you may get lucky.

That sounds plausible! But you just don't know for sure - nothing is ever black and white in this game which is why it's all so hard.....

so i got on the scale this morning, first time starting paleo about 2 wks ago, and it's def paying off. lost 6 lbs!!!! this makes me so happy this morning and encouraging me to continue. i don't feel like i've sacrificed anything and i'm def not being radically strict cause that's not in my nature. i feel healthier, my mind seems more clear, and i've had a lot more energy at the end of this week.

the last couple of months i have been so lethargic after ovulation and i'm curious how this new lifestyle of eating paleo will help.

looking forward to these changes and hope everyone is doing well!!

so i got on the scale this morning, first time starting paleo about 2 wks ago, and it's def paying off. lost 6 lbs!!!! this makes me so happy this morning and encouraging me to continue. i don't feel like i've sacrificed anything and i'm def not being radically strict cause that's not in my nature. i feel healthier, my mind seems more clear, and i've had a lot more energy at the end of this week.

the last couple of months i have been so lethargic after ovulation and i'm curious how this new lifestyle of eating paleo will help.

Congrats Jen. That's a significant amount to lose in just two weeks. Something is definitely working for you. It makes me excited to start my diet next week...this weeks meals are already planned out and shopping has been done so I start next week.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the info.

I tried the chive and cheddar paleo biscuits and they are good!

Wow - go you!!! Amazing weight loss!! Glad that you are feeling great - fabulous news!! x

We had our review yesterday for our failed IVF:cry: but anyway - the consultant said to me that it was as simple as following a Mediterranean diet to improve my health in general - olives, fish, dairy, proteins, starchy foods, whole grains etc.

I am sure that I could be doing something else but realistically - I really do feel that I could stick to something as simple as this!

https://www.patient.co.uk/health/how-to-follow-the-mediterranean-diet

We had our review yesterday for our failed IVF:cry: but anyway - the consultant said to me that it was as simple as following a Mediterranean diet to improve my health in general - olives, fish, dairy, proteins, starchy foods, whole grains etc.

I am sure that I could be doing something else but realistically - I really do feel that I could stick to something as simple as this!

that must be hard Emmi to sort of relive and think about. very heartbreaking and i am so sorry for what you are going through. :hugs:

i'm going to check out your link too. yummy food from the earth!

we are going to get there and all these new changes are going to pay off!!:happydance:

that must be hard Emmi to sort of relive and think about. very heartbreaking and i am so sorry for what you are going through. :hugs:

i'm going to check out your link too. yummy food from the earth!

we are going to get there and all these new changes are going to pay off!!:happydance:

Thank you Jen:hugs: I have turned a corner from the crying as I have to look forward in my conception journey and getting depressed is not going to help. It was so hard going back to the clinic as that had represented hope and then to go back after a failure was so hard:cry: But if we want - we are good to go again January - we have to raise the money but I need to feel like myself again and I am sure Christmas will help.

But in the meantime - we are giving it a good shot on our own and yes, food from the earth looks and taste good.:happydance:

Emmi, did they explain why they think your cycle failed and what they can do to make it work next time?

I personally think the Mediterranean Diet is the best! just so healthy and balanced.

Emmi, did they explain why they think your cycle failed and what they can do to make it work next time?

I personally think the Mediterranean Diet is the best! just so healthy and balanced.

They think that the protocol was right for me which I think too - 14 mature eggs was much more that they expected for a woman my age - it was just about the quality of the embryos - could be better next time or could be worse - they just don't know.

But we are of the thinking that if we don't try, we will never know. Just a shame about the cost - it isn't cheap:wacko:

Emmi, did they specify whether it was the quality of the egg or the sperm that was the issue?

Emmi, did they specify whether it was the quality of the egg or the sperm that was the issue?

They couldn't pin point which - the sperm quality was good and so was the egg so they couldn't say.... As they can't say exactly why - we will just have to keep trying everything to keep our fertility to the optimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->