Tips on hiding pregnancy?

Gizzyy

Mummy to Izzy <3
Reaction score
Hi,
Me and OH don't want to tell his family yet, we want to hold off until maybe New Year due to my previous miscarriage and the issues of his step sister who has just had a baby. She is a very jealous person so I'm a little worried how she will react towards this as this Christmas she will be center of attention with her baby and I don't want to take that away from her or it cause issues so i've decided to not tell them.
Do you think I should easily be able to hide it when i'm around 13/14 weeks? x

Hey there! Sorry about your previous miscarriage, that's no fun! I am expecting on June 26th and am now 8 weeks and 6 days along. Me and my boyfriend also want to keep it from our families until the first or second week of January, too! So we are just going to try to beat the temptation of spreading the good news. And I think its also a good thing to keep in mind that telling everyone this early may be a bad idea for anyone who isn't at least 12 weeks because unfortunately miscarriage is still a possibility. Try to keep yourself busy so the days and weeks fly by and before you know it you will be in the safety zone & ready to tell everyone the wonderful news!!! :) Congrats!!!

P.S when are you due?

Yes I think u will still be able to hide your bump by then but everyone is different so I cant be certain. Good luck xxx

Hey there! Sorry about your previous miscarriage, that's no fun! I am expecting on June 26th and am now 8 weeks and 6 days along. Me and my boyfriend also want to keep it from our families until the first or second week of January, too! So we are just going to try to beat the temptation of spreading the good news. And I think its also a good thing to keep in mind that telling everyone this early may be a bad idea for anyone who isn't at least 12 weeks because unfortunately miscarriage is still a possibility. Try to keep yourself busy so the days and weeks fly by and before you know it you will be in the safety zone & ready to tell everyone the wonderful news!!! :) Congrats!!!

P.S when are you due?

Thanks :) I do think It's a good idea to keep it secret for a little longer. I've only told really close family members like my nan. Haha It is hard to not blurt out to everyone I agree Congrats on your pregnancy! bet you're excited! I'm due on July 2nd x

Yes I think u will still be able to hide your bump by then but everyone is different so I cant be certain. Good luck xxx

Thanks hun! This is my first official pregnancy so I'm not sure how soon I will show I'm not plus size and not small I guess an average size 12-14 xxx

I guess a lot depends on how well you are, and whether you are showing much!

I am still managing to hide it at nearly 13 weeks (including from my mother!) partly because I'm not suffering morning sickness. What little I am showing is just enough to make me look a bit thicker through the middle - if anyone was paying attention, they would realise I'm not wearing as many figure hugging clothes. :winkwink:

Find a loose fitting dress, or a baggy top over skinny trousers, and you're good to go! :flower:

Wear a sweater and you should be good. Its what I've been doing:)

11w 5d.

Gizzy im due july 2nd as well :) i intend to hide til at keast after new year, ive had two loss consecutively so my lmp is actually 28april! So being my fifth pregnancy and being in first tri since april i am worried about hiding this..

As it's getting so cold here in England I'm thinking pulling out the sweaters and baggy tops isn't such a bad idea.. My bellys a bit flabby anyway so I've never been one to wear dead tight dresses and stuff :D
Hi Celine! Yay July babies :D (Unless they decide to come early) Aw I'm sorry to hear about your previous losses :( :hugs:

We aren't hiding ours but for me there is no way I could. Baggy sweaters may work and loose fitting shirts. Sucking in a bit can help too. Won't hurt baby but may be uncomfortable. I think since it's your first you should be ok though.
Good luck :)

I didn't show at all at Xmas but my DS1 was due august and everybody guessed because I wasn't drinking. I even accepted drinks then just put them down but people guessed as usually I love my wine and champers at Xmas, they must all have me pegged!

I was going to say, with my first (she was due 5th July) I wasn't showing at Xmas, just a bit bloated and had out in weight due to eating more, but the not drinking would have given me away! I didn't tell work until 14 weeks though in the jan and not many of them said they'd guessed. X

I'm due July 15th and we plan on telling everyone on Xmas day!
But I still need to make it though the next 6 weeks of xmas parties!

I just decided on my one xmas house party, it's bring your own booze. So I will make virgin sangria's a head of time and carry the bottle to the party so I can drink them :)

Other then that - I too will be wearing some tights with baggy shirts.

I guess a lot depends on how well you are, and whether you are showing much!

I am still managing to hide it at nearly 13 weeks (including from my mother!) partly because I'm not suffering morning sickness. What little I am showing is just enough to make me look a bit thicker through the middle - if anyone was paying attention, they would realise I'm not wearing as many figure hugging clothes. :winkwink:

Find a loose fitting dress, or a baggy top over skinny trousers, and you're good to go! :flower:

I am 11 weeks and this is how I am hiding it also, with skinny pants and looser fitting tops.

Viccat, I just wanna say congrats on making it to 13 weeks. I am also 39 and this will be my first baby. Better late than never :)

Viccat, I just wanna say congrats on making it to 13 weeks. I am also 39 and this will be my first baby. Better late than never :)
Thanks hon - it's lovely to hear from another older first time mum-to-be :hugs: I just remembered, you're getting married early next year, aren't you? I'm thinking me and OH might need to have a shotgun themed wedding around then too .... life kept interrupting wedding plans, but I don't want to have a different name to my baby! :flower:

Its the right time of year - wrap up in big baggy jumpers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->