tired but can't get to sleep..anyone else?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by eddjanuary10, Sep 1, 2009.

1. eddjanuary10

eddjanuary10 Well-Known Member

i posted earlier about babies continual acrobatics, and as much as I love to feel bubs move, the last few nights its been keeping me awake.. well that and also an itching sensation, anyone else feel itchy n irratible????:dohh: My belly feels so stretched n I'm only 20 weeks, how must it feel further along.. oh my! maybe its just because i've had such a growth spurt in 2 weeks, like from flatness to bumpness! all i want to do is :sleep: hubby is lying beside me in noddy land, i'm so jealous haha!

2. Zarababy1

Zarababy1 4 boys. TTC #5

Oh yes i know this feeling! 3:45am and im awake! lovely! at least you havnt been throwing up tho! sickness..thats a new one for me!

3. jules22

jules22 Preggers :)

yeah LO just will not stop moving for me. I was staring at my tummy, just to be looking at it...then all of a sudden I saw the baby move from the outside... it poked my tummy and I saw it. It is SO weird!!! I'm ready for him to call me down though so maybe I can sleep!

4. eddjanuary10

oh no zarababy1, hope u feel better soon! i spent the first 15wks throwing up its not fun!

thats cool u saw baby move from the outside jules! :)

how funny, i just noticed what it says under my ticker there about baby wiggling alot and waking mummy up at night haha! u need to get to sleep 1st before u can be woken up lol, falling asleep in work now! thanks girls!

5. glitterbug

glitterbug Mum with growing tum

Yep me!! Not necessarily because of baby moving, although night time is his/her favourite, but just because i'm so wide awake!! Physically i'm knackered, but I don't seem to be able to drift off until the middle of the night and then i'm like a zombie in the morning. What with having at least 2 wee stops per night too it's not much fun!!
    Tried some earplugs last night as every little noise seems to wake me, and I did actully sleep okay when I finally drifted off. I'm only 18.5 weeks too so i'm sure there will be a whole lot worse to look forward to!

Hope it settles for you soon and you can get a sound sleep! xx

6. 1stBump_27

1stBump_27 Well-Known Member

Yep I'm kept awake and woken up by LO too. She really loves to kick just as I am nodding off - like shes saying 'oi entertain me' :) It is a great feeling but I much prefer my sleep. Dread to think what it will be like when shes bigger and kicking harder - actually lets not think about that.

Hope we all get some sleep soon x

7. eddjanuary10

so theres a whole bunch of us all sitting up in the middle of the night trying hard to get to sleep, lol! these lo's are bossy hehe! know what u mean glitterbug i feel like a zombie right now! wishing us all peaceful nights ahead... ?emmm?!! x