Tired of people asking when I'm going to have a baby!

canadadiva

Reaction score
I get asked at least once a day when we are going to have kids. Its really annoying, especially now that we are trying. People ask me at work, family asks me, friends I haven't seen in a while are bugging me. I don't want to get into a conversation about it, especially since its none of their business! Do you guys have any clever responses or something that would shut people up?:growlmad:

I shrug and say, can´t control everything! I think it is worse if they stop asking...then they think you are past it.

Nats, I like your reasoning there... I never thought about that, I like it!:thumbup:

I was going to say I was tired as well, but I like how Nats way of thinking! So I am going to adopt that point of view as well.

I mostly tell them that a baby will come if and when God wills it for us. :) It does still get frustrating though.

I shrug and say, can´t control everything! I think it is worse if they stop asking...then they think you are past it.[/QUOTES

So true!! Never thought of that, if I look at it from that perspective, its a good thing people are still asking. Thanks.

Yeah. I usually tell them I'm enjoying my time alone with my DH and that I'm not feeling it yet. I pretend like I'm all anti-baby. That shuts them up for another 6 months - year. :p

Honestly, I don't care if they ask. It's only natural. I have friends who gave up on trying after 8 years. They've always been super open about their issues if someone asks. I don't think it's such a bad thing to be more open about infertility. I get that it's a private matter, and that's fine. I haven't said a word about trying... but if it takes me more than a year, I won't keep it a secret. I think a lot of times people battling infertility feel alone. There's no need to hide it from people who might give you a lot of support. I wouldn't make a billboard about it, but certainly letting a few people into that circle would be helpful. Same with miscarriages.

How about, 'what about my two cats, don't they count as 'babies'?

I get asked at least once a day when we are going to have kids. Its really annoying, especially now that we are trying. People ask me at work, family asks me, friends I haven't seen in a while are bugging me. I don't want to get into a conversation about it, especially since its none of their business! Do you guys have any clever responses or something that would shut people up?:growlmad:

I know how you feel. I have never asked a casual acquaintance such a personal question. I also notice that the ones I know to be miserable with their own lives are the ones most likely to ask repeatedly. :shrug: I don't know what's up with that. I've had people get in my face, aggressively asking me if there's anything wrong with me or telling me how wonderful it is and how happy I'll be when I have children. This is while their own child is destroying something in the background. :haha:

My husband takes Natsby's approach. Sometimes I've said, "No, but I am getting a dog." They don't usually ask again after that.

We get it all the time too .. but we just tell people that we are practising vigorously !!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->