TMI ALERT...smelly downstairs

salander

Reaction score
Bit embarrassing but just some advice. Am getting a urine test on tuesday anyway along with the blood tests but my lulee has a strong smell to it. Since i got pregnant theres always been an odder smell (nothing bad) but the past couple of days I can smell it when I'm going to the toilet and it was quite bad this morning that i just had to jump in the shower, but then i could still smell it, just not as strong.
The smell is kind of a really strong wee smell - would that be like amonia?
I don't have discoloured discharge and am not burning or itching anyone else have this?

I know that my downstairs has become very pungent since ive been pregnant. I think its just part of pregnancy but if your concerned just see a doctor.

i feel like i smell down there now! never had it before pregnancy!

but just want to get showered asap!

i just assumed it was part of pregnancy!
but i had a urine test last wednesday and had protein in th pee so midwife sent it away, said cud be a UTI but could also be nothing as discharge may have mixed in with th wee! and she said alot of discharge is what you get in pregnancy! so i am just hopin it was that and not a UTI

but as for the smelling more i dont know what it could be, no itching here either! so am bit baffled, discharge is white so doesnt look odd or anything.

give ya midwife a call or mention it next time u see her

My urine came back as positive last time too (positive for what i don't know but had to repeat the test 2 wks ago)Because i had took my own bottle in they wanted to put it into one of theres and hence they think that could one reason why it came back positive. Defo gonna mention it to the midwife on tuesday. Discharge is white too know its nothing to be worried about as such but its just minging! Cant cope with the smell, its actually making me turn my nose away!

I have this too! I think its def the wee. It really is not nice! i went to GP this morning and he dipped a strip in the wee and it was nothing although before he did this he said by the loos of it it looked like UTI.

He prescribed thrush cream without checking the area, this is really weird to me. I have some ischarge, not much and its not smelly or discoloured just a bit sticky, which I told him.

I dont know what to think!!

Oh sorry forgot as well: the GP said not to use any soap or shower gels just water. I use shower gel daily especially since the smell grosses me out but will stop this now.

Hmmmm....

How does water get rid of the smell tho? Its like when you cut up garlic unless you use soap the smell sticks to your fingers???!!
Defo a wee smell tho....not nice :( So bad that i'm having to wash my leggings the same day that i wear them as the smell is on them too (bleugh)
will see what midwife says tomoz don't know if i'd be happy using thrush cream if its not thrush!

Have the same problem, figured it was hormones though. I feel like it's so strong, everyone else can smell it! But we have to remember that we are very attuned to every smells so, it's probably not as bad as we think.

How does water get rid of the smell tho? Its like when you cut up garlic unless you use soap the smell sticks to your fingers???!!
Defo a wee smell tho....not nice :( So bad that i'm having to wash my leggings the same day that i wear them as the smell is on them too (bleugh)
will see what midwife says tomoz don't know if i'd be happy using thrush cream if its not thrush!

I know! I dont really want to use the cream as I dont think I have thrush, so annoying, I feel like they don't give a f**k just prescribe something. So annoyed right now!!

I asked my OB nurse and she said that it can be caused by all the extra yeast that is present with the extra discharge your experience during pregnancy and the best way to get a handle on it is diluted non scented soap or plain water, eating a digestive balancing yogurt like Activia, and wearing only cotton bottoms.

hello,

i've had similar symptoms since I got pregnant, increased discharge, but not unusual in colour or anything, and very smelly down there but no itching etc.. I got it checked out at the GP, she took some swabs and they were all fine. She did say that it's common during pregnancy although isn't necessarily a sign of infection unless there is itching or a change in colour of discharge.

So I'd definately mention it to the midwife at your appointment, so that they can check it out to be on the safe side, but don't worry too much about it.

My GP didn't mention anything about just washing with water and changing to non-scented soaps etc.. but will definately try it!! It's really off-putting and I swear that I must completely stink to my office mates and they are just too polite to say anything!!!

xx

Yes I have had swabs taken also, and they came back negative. You would think with everything else, we shouldnt have to smell. Ugh. I also stopped using my feminine wash and just use water. I eat yogurt everyday- although not Activia, maybe I should try that. I also read somewhere, not sure if its true, that thongs can contribute to odor/getting BV. So to be on the super safe side I wear good old cotton granny panties. Seeexxxyy!!! And I try to "air" things out when I am at home- no panties at all.

thanks girls please don't say that i'm gonna smell like this the next 6 mths!! My fella isn't gonna want to come anywhere near me!!! In fact i won't let him near me if i'm still smelly! :(

I would go to doctor's and just get them to take a couple of swabs to put your mind at rest. It is probably nothing and just the usual 'pregnancy stuff'!

I have booked swab appointment now! :thumbup:

Will let you know on Fri the outcome.

I have noticed I have a sickening sweet smell I have a hard time not vomiting when I smell it but its just when I use the bathroom. I can't smell myself down there after. Sorry you ladies have this!

I asked the doctor about it today and was told that oestrogen can make it all a bit smellier down there and i could have a swab if i wanted but it wasn't necessary..
So i chose not to have one, don't particulary want anyone prodding around down there if they don't need to! He said it was completely normal and just to monitor it but the smell should wear off with time but if its still the same in a couple of weeks to have a swab done.
Just awful tho, i was wearing leggings today and i've had to wash them as they are smelly (doc and midwife were confused why it was a wee smell as opposed to fishy she even asked if i was incontinent cheeky mare! Told her no i haven't wee'd myself and yes i do wipe properly, would you like to check yourself??!!) Time to start wearing panty liners!

I asked the doctor about it today and was told that oestrogen can make it all a bit smellier down there and i could have a swab if i wanted but it wasn't necessary..
So i chose not to have one, don't particulary want anyone prodding around down there if they don't need to! He said it was completely normal and just to monitor it but the smell should wear off with time but if its still the same in a couple of weeks to have a swab done.
Just awful tho, i was wearing leggings today and i've had to wash them as they are smelly (doc and midwife were confused why it was a wee smell as opposed to fishy she even asked if i was incontinent cheeky mare! Told her no i haven't wee'd myself and yes i do wipe properly, would you like to check yourself??!!) Time to start wearing panty liners!

Hey, don't wear panty liners I read its better to just roll a bit of tissue paper as it breathes more and better for the bits. :flower:

The nurse didn't want to swab because I was pregnant, she said it wasn't safe. She did however send the wee sample off this time which is something.
No examination was made.

Oh GOD i have this, my wee absolutely stinks? and even when i flush i can still smell it? i think its a mixture of the heightened senses that i can smell more!

I do have a slight urine infection but the midwife said they wont do anything unless it becomes painful or whatnot.

Havent got unusual discharge & dont find its any different to usual, apart from my pee smell. its horrid :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->