TMI - Brown discharge at 5 weeks - help!!

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
Im 5 weeks today After the toilet i wiped and had what looked like cm with the tiniest bit with a brown tinge to it.

I never had this with dd but we didnt dtd in early pregnancy where as dh and i did last night. Could that be the cause?

Im crampy but have been for 2 weeks so its not like it just started and it hasnt gotten worse or anything

Has anyone had anything like this. Its too early for an U/S as there would most likely not be a heartbeat yet and will only worry me more.

:nope:

I should notethat was a few hours ago and i havent had any more since

Hiya, i wouldn't worry of its brown too much Hun and yes dtd can irritate the cervix which is having big changes at the minute, keep an eye on it and if u get concerned u could ring OB

I had this problem starting at about half way through week 4 all the way to week six, on and off. I had brown on the TP but never any in my underwear and it wasn't every time I went to the bathroom either. It was on and off. I was freaking out! After trying so long to get pregnant, I am so paranoid something is going to go wrong.

I called the dr. office with my concern and they sent me for more bloodwork to test my HCG (to make sure it was going up) I got it tested on a Thursday and then again on a Sunday and everything looked okay. It had doubled plus some.

I had my first ultrasound last friday at 6w3d and everything looked as it should. The ultrasound tech didn't see anything that would have caused the bleeding. The dr. said that she is pretty sure it is from the extra blood flow to the cervix during pregnancy. I still have a tiny bit of brown tinged discharge every now and then, but I guess it's normal for me.

From what I read when I was freaking out about it, you shouldn't be too concerned unless you have painful cramps or red blood. You could always call your dr. if you would like more reassurance and mayble they'll send you for bloodwork too.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I had that 4 days after I expected my period. Two wipes of gross brown discharge. No extra cramping. Went as quick as it came. Took a test the next day and it was still positive. I haven't been to the dr yet so im not sure what it was. But after having a miscarriage last month I know that's not what it was. Thinking ib?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->