tmi but ouch I hurt

babytibby

Reaction score
Well, I had my section 11 days ago, hemmoraged and had 4 units of blood transfused, 5 days in hospital, very low iron still but all is good and pulling through and back to doing washing ironing, housework (even driven the car) and I am feeling just fine and dandy until today

Now I have piles. And honestly, havent felt pain like it :(

Anything I can do NOW to ease them before going out tomorrow to get some cream (looking forward to that, not)

I have cried twice already tonight because of it and am at my wits end :(

Ouch I've never had piles so no advice.. but your doing soo well seeing as you had a section 11days ago :hugs: x

Ive had them after all 3 pregnancies now and tbh I forgot about them. I was so keen to get over the section I didnt think about these little lovelies

You could try cold packs to try to reduce the inflammation .... frozen peas or sweetcorn in a freezer bag or clingfilm, and then wrapped in a damp muslin or hankie (something relatively smooth) and applied directly to the piles :thumbup:

Painkillers will help too ... if you aren't BF then you could go up to 1g of paracetamol plus 500mg of ibuprofen to help reduce the swelling. I was given those doses after my hysterectomy so I know they are safe. If you have any stronger pain meds left over from the C Section then take those instead :hugs:

I hope the cream works quickly once you get it :hugs:

I never had piles so i dont no but ive heard you should fill a condom with ice :haha: and but it between your checks to reduce swelling! Apparently its the besy way to get the ice to the desired location

oh lovely lol

well unfortunately I dont have any condoms to hand and dont intend on needing any for a while. I suppose i could try a sock lmao

Witch hazel also feels great!! Also if you have stool softeners from your csection they may help

I second the witch hazel! It doesnt seem to be a common treatment in the UK but in the US they routinely give them after birth for both vaginal delivery and piles. They make TUKS pads that already have the witch hazel in them, and another girl on here found them in third tri in the UK somewhere at her local store. Stool softeners (not laxatives) are a definate need as well! The drugs and pain meds given during a section paralyze and slow the intestines. HTH!

I've never though of witchhazel on piles, even though I've used it to relieve bad thrush before - great idea! thank you!! :happydance:

If you haven't got any stool softeners then try drinking prune juice which you can buy from any supermarket ... it's yummy and works a treat (I used it after my hysterectomy as the prescribed one didn't work)

I have suffered badly in the past if u have any ice poles wrap em n put them in between your bum cheeks or frozen peas etc. take painkillers and see your dr tomorrow as they can prescribe u a stronger cream x hope u feel better soon

Yes - agree with other buy some pure witch hazel and put on pads. Keep the witch hazel in the fridge.

wow, I just found my post!!!! It was removed from baby club and didnt know it had been moved to here, I found it by chance.

I still have them and they are bleeding all the time. I feel really lousy because of them, Im still bleeding pp and now these. No wonder my iron levels are rock bottom.

Its really beginning to get me down now and to top it alll I am getting period like pains but really really bad ones that make me stop dead in my tracks that sometimes revert round to my bum (but not the piles) I had to stop the car today cos it was so painful and made me cry

I dont know if they are period pains or whether its something to do with my scar etc from section.

pffft Ive really had enough :(

wow, I just found my post!!!! It was removed from baby club and didnt know it had been moved to here, I found it by chance.

I still have them and they are bleeding all the time. I feel really lousy because of them, Im still bleeding pp and now these. No wonder my iron levels are rock bottom.

Its really beginning to get me down now and to top it alll I am getting period like pains but really really bad ones that make me stop dead in my tracks that sometimes revert round to my bum (but not the piles) I had to stop the car today cos it was so painful and made me cry

I dont know if they are period pains or whether its something to do with my scar etc from section.

Dont you use the USER CP in the top left? It pulls up all of the posts that are active and have responses!
I think I would follow up with my doc for these. They can do an ultrasound to check things out!

Dont you use the USER CP in the top left? It pulls up all of the posts that are active and have responses!
I think I would follow up with my doc for these. They can do an ultrasound to check things out!

To do that would require some part of my brain to be functioning correctly. Thats just not going to happen atm with lack of sleep lol. Actually I thought once it was removed that was it it had been deleted, didnt know it would be moved elsewhere so didnt think to look on the CP.

Do you mean check with doc re pains or piles? Piles seem to have gone down a little but still bleeding :blush: and the pains seem to have gone to (touch wood) yesterday they were quite bad and I went out and got more painkillers, took 2 and havent had them since (???) It could be down to me over doing things and I had been pushing the pram (and up hill too) so maybe it was that. I will see how things go today

To do that would require some part of my brain to be functioning correctly. Thats just not going to happen atm with lack of sleep lol. Actually I thought once it was removed that was it it had been deleted, didnt know it would be moved elsewhere so didnt think to look on the CP.

Do you mean check with doc re pains or piles? Piles seem to have gone down a little but still bleeding :blush: and the pains seem to have gone to (touch wood) yesterday they were quite bad and I went out and got more painkillers, took 2 and havent had them since (???) It could be down to me over doing things and I had been pushing the pram (and up hill too) so maybe it was that. I will see how things go today

Thats ok, Baby brain is worse than pregnancy brain!! I always use the user cp thing for some reason.

I meant the pains, if they are that bad or getting worse. I suppose if your bleeding isnt worsening that it might be ok :shrug: Like you said see how you feel, just something to keep an eye on, as I am sure you are!

they do seem to have gone tbh (touching wood) I am keeping an eye on them though just in case but so far this morning an last night after I took the painkillers I cant recall having any which make me think it could have been cos I was out pushing the pram the past couple of days and yesterday I didnt really do a great deal other than a 20 second walk to school in the morning and then usual house things, cooking, washing etc. OH did the hoovering for me too as that could be it cos they do say not to do that too but I have been

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->