TMI possibly - Tiny specs of blood on paper

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Hey, I’m almost 35 weeks pregnant and tonight after I wiped after doing a wee I had a couple of specs of blood on the toilet paper so I wiped again and I had a couple more. Waited 10 mins and wiped again and nothing.
At my 20 week scan it showed I had a low lying placenta. I have my next scan in 5 days. I am also very red/purple down there and a bit swollen. Do you think the blood came from an irritated spot or possibly cervix? I called the midwife and she said to stick a pad on and see how I go.
I have been getting constant Braxton Hicks the last couple of days as well.
Thank you

i am not sure but you did the right things. Can they bump your appointment up a few days? normally a few specs of blood doesn't sound concerning... could be irritated cervix or after DTD, but with a low lying placenta i would want it checked out to be sure what is or isn't going on.

i too am having a major increase in BH, i'm only 32 weeks though and go in for a check-up tomorrow.

let us know how it goes.

I know it sounds strange but could it be your perineum rather than vagina?

I had this and was convinced it was from my vagina but it was actually coming from my perineum very close to vagina.

If it’s constant fresh red flecks of blood on paper that’s what mine was. Apparently it can swell and become irritated or could even be piles.

It took lots of investigation for me to get to the bottom of it!

Either way little flecks of blood shouldn’t be a huge worry but would get checked out if it’s keeps happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->