TMI question.....a bit worried

mommyhav

Reaction score
hi there! this forum helped me through the toughest times during my child's first few months with breast feeding, diapering, and all sorts of questions. soooo i thought now that she is a toddler and we are doing well, I could come on and ask a question about myself as I am worried...

today i started having a discharge (i know tmi im sorry!) and I thought since you are all mommies of at least one baby you would be experienced with womanly troubles.

it almost seems like the very end of a period where the blood is not bright red anymore, sort of brownish-purple.... i ended my period about 2 weeks ago, so it cant be that, and i am nervous because my mom had uterine cancer and bleeding between periods was her most common symptom...mind you it was usually bright red.

have any of you experienced something like this? any ideas?

thanks in advance!

Hi Mommyhav! I'm no doctor, but I think that's called "spotting" between periods. (Assuming it's not real heavy?)

I've had that for many different "normal" reasons in the past:

For a little while after having my baby, just cause my body was working on getting 'regular' again.

Once when I got an IUD put in because that's just sometimes a side effect of that.

Once when I had a pregnancy that didn't turn out to be a "real" pregnancy, and my body was getting rid of it naturally. <sniff> That was a sad one.

And there are lots of other reasons for having spotting in between periods too.

I'd say cancer is pretty low on the list for likelihood! Much more likely to be something else.

But as I say, I'm no doctor. Good to have an annual papsmear.

But that's my amateur advice. :flower: Relax, get a good night's sleep. I'm sure it's nothing. Lots of us have had spotting. But get your regularly scheduled papsmears so you don't have to worry, since it runs in the family. That's what I would say!

Others may have other thoughts ...

I spot since I gave birth. I'm on the Pill & almost every month I spot with brown discharge between periods.

There can be so many reasons to spot between periods.
1) hitting the cervix during sex
2) implant bleeding if TTC
3) break through bleeding while using the pill or IUD

Just to name a few..
I have had break through bleeding almost every month since I had Emily ( even when I was BFing)

/\
i
i
i

Like what everyone else said. I think it is normal, after a womans had a baby her body is out of sync. Her hormones are different which causes bleeding and or hair loss and or weight gain/loss and or hair loss, and many more things. Such a lovely species we are. It sucks, its frustrating, but if you are worried I would go to the dr for a small reassurance that things are ok. I think they are.

Could be an ovulation bleed if your last period was 2 weeks ago, my sister has always had them. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"