TMI Question: EWCM or Semen?

Wtbam

Reaction score
Sorry for the TMI question!

I was just wondering if anyone knows!

I am on CD40 after coming off BC. My normal cycles are 30 days - I have been temping and checking CM and do not believe I have ovulated since coming off them.

I am therefore waiting for ovulation. Last night, me and OH DTD, and then went to sleep. I did not check my CM this morning. For the last few days, it has been slightly increased in volume, and sticky.

Just now (lunch time) I checked my CM, and it appears to be clear and stretchy, what I believe to be EWCM. My cervix is hard and closed.

My question is, could this instead of EWCM be leftover semen? How long does it take to break down in the vagina? I tried smelling it (gross I know but semen does have a distinctive smell) and it didn't smell of anything at all.

If it IS EWCM, how many days of EWCM do you have before you ovulate, or does it vary between women? I will do an OPK later, just to see what it says.

Advice appreciated - thanks!

Just keep checking as it may be EWCM. Keep checking your cervix as well...you'll want it to change to high, soft and open for ovulation. GL!

Oh, forgot to mention....I had wet/watery and EWCM my last cycle for about 8 or so days before I O'd so don't give up hope if you get a - OPK today....your body just might be getting ready to O :)

Thanks for your response. Keep gettin -ve OPK's.... and cm appears to be somewhere between sticky and stretchy!

Keeping my fingers crossed, just hoping I will O soon!

Do you have PCOS? Your cycles are very long! My last cycle was 91 days! So frustrating when you are TTC.

Yes I do! They are normally around 30 days... but after coming off bc in early dec I havent even ovulated yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->