• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TMI: Suspect varicose vein in a very uncomfortable place. HELP!

elsbethrenee

Expecting #1
Reaction score
I've been in a lot of pain for three days or so due to labia minora that swelled up during sex, and have only gone down a little since then. I have tried ice packs wrapped in cloth and warm washcloths with a little, very temporary, success, but moving is excruciatingly painful. I can't sleep. :(

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering whether a varicose vein is making it difficult for blood to drain from my vulva.

Any tips to make things more comfortable until I get in to see the midwife would be appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S.: I feel like I keep losing sensitive bit after sensitive bit and like I won't be able to have sex until the baby's a couple of months old. I'm only at 27 weeks, so that's a depressing thought.

It may well be something else if the pain is that bad so probably worth seeing someone sooner rather than later. For vv I'd recommend sleeping with your legs raised and on your left hand side, moving regularly but resting often too and avoid wearing tight trousers and underwear. I found that they did make things very uncomfortable as the baby can put additional pressure on your veins, causing the swelling.

Thanks, NotNic!

After a very thorough exam that involved two midwives and some really confused faces, I got "That does look really uncomfortable, but we have no idea what is causing it. Here are some comfort measures you can take. Good luck!"

I did get some sleep last night, so that's good. I just want to be able to walk for ten minutes without wincing again. :'(

For other folks with very sensitive vulvas (vulvae?), here are the steps I've taken that have helped:

Ice packs wrapped in a soft cloth, 20 min on, 20 min off

Switched from wiping with toilet paper to rinsing with water - think bidet, but you can use any squirt bottle or even pour from a cup

Kegels to increases circulation in the area

Minimal contact from undergarments and clothing - no synthetic fabrics, no tight undergarments, mostly skirts

Resting and generally avoiding irritating those tissues

Hopefully things get better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->