***TMI WARNING**** This question may be too much for some of you, just warning you

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
Okay, so I normally, after my cycle ends use a douche to just feel "clean" down there. I've been doing this for years. But now that I am actively trying to conceive I'm wondering if I should still be doing it when I stop bleeding? Does anyone else and/or did use them and still conceive just fine?

My second question is about a product I stumbled upon when cruising the feminine hygeine aisle at walmart. I'm posting a pic of the product because I went ahead and got it. Now, before anyone ask's, NO- I do not have problems with any kind of odors nor do I need to see a dr about anything, every thing is perfectly fine, I just like feeling "clean" down there and if I can use something like the Summer's Eve wash, wipes, and sprays to keep it feeling fresh then I do, I guess it's just a personal preference.

Anyways, the product is called Prebiotic Vaginal Suppositories pH Balanced, made by VH essentials. Box says it's made to Naturally protect against odor, and it maintains balance, freshness, and confidence. They also had this on the shelf which I wanted to buy and was really curious about but I ended up leaving without it here is the link to it (it is an oral supplement) https://vhessentials.com/products/p...cranberry-feminine-health-dietary-supplement/

So, now I have this box of V freshness using a "homeopathic" approach and am curious what all of you ladies think about it. Should I use it while trying to conceive? It say's it puts prebiotics and keeps you balanced down there, so wouldn't that be a good thing? Have any of you actually used this product (or the one I linked in) and what was your experience with it/them? I'm interested in taking a supplement that is AFFORDABLE to increase fertility for both me and hubby (have him taking zinc right now and I'm taking prenatal's, does anyone know how much Zinc he should be taking daily for sperm count/health?) All comments, experience, and suggestions on products I should look into are very much welcome ladies so bring em on ;) I need to kick our bodies into high gear for optimal baby making and we are taking out all the stops. lol. Now, if I could just convince the hubs to "finish' in a cup so I can do his count and motility test!!!! ;) :wacko::blush::wacko:

Attachments

• VH Essentials Packaging Front of the Box.jpg
    VH Essentials Packaging Front of the Box.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3
  • VHE Ingredients.jpg
    VHE Ingredients.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 3
  • directions for VHE.jpg
    directions for VHE.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2
  • VH Essentials Warnings and Information about Use of Product.jpg
    VH Essentials Warnings and Information about Use of Product.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1
  • VH Essentials Contents with Box.jpg
    VH Essentials Contents with Box.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Never liked the idea of messing too much with my natural ph, but now am ttc I definitely wouldn't. Sperm are sensitive little swimmers, your natural state is best for them in my opinion. Good luck :dust:

I wouldn't use any products down there when TTC - unless speaking to a doctor first. Your body is designed to be hospitable to sperm when you're fertile and I would worry that using products to alter its ph might affect this.

Honestly, in the UK we aren't really into douching or anything. I would advise against messing with things!

I personally wouldnt do it while TTC...i myself as other ladies have mentioned, dont like messing with my natural PH..our bodies are made to really take care of themselves.. If you feel its something you must do id speak to a doctor but most doctors i have had, have advised against douching all together.

Douching isn't recommended in general, TTC or not. Normally I'd say this gives good odds of getting a yeast infection (which would be bad for TTC and otherwise) but if you've been doing it for years without a problem, you probably won't get one now. Still, PH is really important to sperm and, especially if you aren't sure when you O, you don't want to be doing anything that might make it harder for them to survive.

As everyone else said, it's a no-no for messing with things down there to strictly freshen (yeast infections are obviously another story)

As far as zinc, around 50mg is about average, but it promotes fertility in both men and women, so I'd check to see how much your prenatal has in it. I would also get you dh on Folate as it helps production of healthy sperm as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->