TMI: yeast infection?

RosesOfTin

Waiting To Try
Reaction score
I've been on Bactrim and Keflex for over a week to get rid of a staph induced bout with cellulitis and as a direct result I've contracted a yeast infection. Which sucks. They did warn me in the side effects portion of the my prescription pack that I could develop one. Great.

Good news: There's not a whole lot of discharge or any real odor (was smelling like chlorine now more like chlorinated bread... or like subway after they open the bread oven doors kinda)
Bad news: it itches like holy hell.

I'm a SUPER clean person. So not only am I reeling over the cellulitis creep out, but now I'm dealing with my first yeast infection and frankly I KNOW it's treatable without schlepping down to my GYNO for an expensive round of poking and prodding only to be told "oh hey! Eat yogurt and get monistat!"

However... Monistat scares me after reading about women who had such horrible experiences with it and for $25.00 if I can cure this thing with yogurt I'll stick with the yogurt.

So far I've heard to eat yogurt, cut back on sugar, and get plain yogurt up your hoohoo along with acidophilus tabs. Ok. So... How the hell am I supposed to get yogurt up there? The acidophilus tab is easy enough... But yogurt?

Anyone with any experience? Should I just ditch this idea and grab the monistat or is the holistic version worth the time?

I've used Monistat hun and had good results with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->