TMO ALERT - thrush

schnoogles

Reaction score
Hey,
We are hoping to ttc in a couple of months, so just when I want everything healthy and ready I appear to have thrush. I have never had it before and haven't been able to get in with the doctor yet.
The itching started on Friday and got steadilly worse. I used the internal canistan cream on Sunday and have used the external cream 3 times yesterday and today. I would say that it is less itchy but is still very swollen and saw, it's like it's chaffing as I walk. I'm so uncomfortable and will struggle to get an appointment in the next few days. Is there anything else that I can do? To top it off, AF is due on Thursday and seems to be starting early :( . Is there anything else that it could be? I have no discharge or bad smell.
Just feeling so fed up as it is making it hard to sleep :nope:

You need to see a Dr really, if the pessary and cream aren't clearing it, it's possibly that it's not thrush but a bacterial infection.
Natural yogurt may help Til you get in to see a Dr, others. Swear by coconut oil.

I have found sometimes the irritation continues for a few days, even if it's subsiding. So it might just be a matter of giving it some time and it may just clear up. You might also try the Canestan oral tablet. I personally find the pessary works the best, even if it's really uncomfortable to insert, but it takes a few days to dissolve and usually within that time, it sorts it out. I would continue to try a few other things until you can get in to see the doctor though. Honestly, they don't really have anything else they can offer you treatment wise other than what you can already buy yourself at the pharmacy (though they may offer it on prescription, which will save you a few quid). But they might offer to take a swab to check for a bacterial infection or STI (which can both mimic thrush, especially when nothing else is working). If that would be reassuring, get it done. But also try something else from the pharmacy too. And taking a good quality probiotic might help as well. In the meantime, avoid sex, heavily perfumed soaps down there, and using tampons.

As the other posters have said, get some good probiotics and natural yogurt down there too. Vagisil cream is really soothing but doesn't actually treat the thrush, may make you feel more comfortable though. They do wipes as well which are soothing. Also very pure aloe vera gel can calm the irritation. Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->