To admin re: moving the groups .... A suggestion. Please read (copied from 2nd tri)

Starglow

Reaction score
To admin re: moving all groups ......A suggestion
You have decided to move all groups regardless of how relevant they are within the various trimester sections. You have moved them to a section on your forum called 'Groups and Discussions' near the bottom of your homepage. This section is for 'off topic' subjects such as Baking and Paranormal etc with a section for pregnancy.

As we are discussing pregnancy related topics could you move this section into the pregnancy related area? Ie: the 3 trimesters, home births etc. If you will not consider this then could you please give a reason as to why you feel these groups are better where you've placed them?

I have posted in second tri as this is where our group was moved from. None of us have had any notice that you were moving the groups. It is nice to know that your forum cares about the people who post here and their opinions.

Thankyou . I hope you will reply and others will respond if they agree or not.

Whilst I no longer post in the pregnancy month type groups since the move (April for me) I understand why they have moved. It makes more sense for these threads to be moved to groups while newbies and new threads can take place in the sections more, and specific questions get answered there.
Group threads often contain general chit chat too, so not a whole lot of relevance to specific pregnancy questions, and they end up getting bumped up above other important questions/threads.
Well, that's my opinion. The groups have been redirected for months now btw.

Thanks for your reply. It seems last night a lot of groups were moved at once tho.

I think general chitchat within a trimester group is all part of being pregnant. Often issues surrounding lifestyle has everything to do with pregnancy.

As for more important threads being missed , most people read through the first few pages of threads anyway. I certainly do.

I've never come across this in a forum before. I just think it's very strange.

Thanks for posting. Appreciate it x

I know what you mean, I was a bit confused when the April group went walkies, but since then I've realised the forums are a lot tidier after the clean up?

You could just make sure you have easy access to the groups you use by subscribing or using the User CP part of your profile.

Our groups in TTCAL got moved too (I didn't realize they were groups at the time but were really active threads in the section). For me I'm happy to be part of the threads as they helped me through my miscarriage and TTCing after even now and I only found them through the regular TTCAL section (I would have never thought to go to the TTC groups to find them). :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->