To all students.....

XKatX

Reaction score
How the hell are you coping?!! I have been trying to right an essay since yesterday. My brain has gone to mush and I just can't think of what I am trying to say:hissy::hissy::hissy:
I am 33 years old and have studied all my life, with no problems essay writing at all. So why on earth can't I do it???
Are you struggling too? My brain feels like ctton wool and I have already cried today, out of sheer frustration!
Any tips, before I go and top myself????!!!!:hissy::hissy:

Well...lets see. I have 3 essays due Monday morning, I have half of one written and I'm starting to read the article for another one (1:30pm Saturday now). And once I get that, I'm littered with dr's appointments and another ultrasound, etc etc etc...and Thursday I have 3 midterms.

I loveeee my life <3

i postponed my degree for a year at 20 weeks cus my brain stopped working and i felt i was not doing myself justice.

After August...I'm done. No more being a pregnant student for me. My brain is rotting.

I've enver felt so thick in my life! And the most frustrating thing is that this is an update - I did the real thing a couple of years ago, so I know I'm intelligent enough to do it! I don't know what I'm going to say to my employer if I fail!!!

You won't fail! And neither will I. We'll just stress ourselves out over it and cry and be really frustrated and yell at everyone that interrupts us. But, we'll pass :rofl:

Here, I found this and I think it applies. To me, anyway:

HOW TO WRITE A PAPER:

1.Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a well lighted place with plenty of freshly sharpened pencils.
2.Read over the assignment carefully, to make certain you understand it.
3.Walk down to the vending machines and buy some coffee to help you concentrate.
4.Stop off at the third floor on the way back and visit with your friend from class. If your friend also hasn't started the paper yet, you can both walk to McDonald's and buy a hamburger to help you concentrate. If your friend shows you his paper, typed, double-spaced, and bound in one of those irritating see-thru plastic folders, drop him.
5.When you get back to your room, sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a clean, well lighted place with plenty of freshly sharpened pencils.
6.Read over the assignment again to make absolutely certain you understand it.
7.You know, you haven't written to that kid you met at camp since fourth grade. You'd better write that letter now and get it our of the way so you can concentrate.
8.Go look at your teeth in the bathroom mirror.
9.Listen to one side of your favorite cd and that's it, I mean it, as soon as it's over you are going to start that paper.
10.Listen to the other side.
11.Rearrange all of your CDs into alphabetical order.
12.Phone your friend on the third floor and ask if he's started writing yet. Exchange derogatory remarks about your teacher, the course, the university, the world at large.
13.Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a clean, well lighted place with plenty of freshly sharpened pencils.
14.Read over the assignment again; roll the words across your tongue; savor its special flavor.
15.Check the newspaper listings to make sure you aren't missing something truly worthwhile on TV. NOTE: When you have a paper due in less than 12 hours, anything on TV from Masterpiece Theater to Sgt. Preston of the Yukon, is truly worthwhile, with these exceptions: a) Pro Bowler's Tour b) movie starring Don Ameche.
16.Catch the last hour of Soul Brother of Kung Fu on channel 26.
17.Phone your friend on the third floor to see if he was watching. Discuss the finer points of the plot.
18.Go look at your tongue in the bathroom mirror.
19.Look through your roommate's book of pictures from home. Ask who everyone is.
20.Sit down and do some serious thinking about your plans for the future.
21.Open your door and check to see if there are any mysterious trench-coated strangers lurking in the hall.
22.Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a clean, well lighted place with plenty of freshly sharpened pencils.
23.Read over the assignment one more time, just for the hell of it.
24.Scoot your chair across the room to the window and watch the sunrise.
25.Lie face down on the floor and moan.
26.Leap up and write the paper.

So I'm doing everything right so far - just need to get the lie on the floor and moan bit and I'm nearly there!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've been laying down here moaning for 2 days haha. Haven't got the energy to leap up yet.

It's just a 2000 word reflective piece about mentorship in clinical practice. Something I have been doing for years. Hardly taxing.....well, until now! It's nowhere near what you lot have to churn out!!! I really feel for you!! And how people revise and do exams as well is beyond me!
I have to say that I am slightly (completely) emabarressed that I am struggling with this.:blush: Should be water off a ducks back.
And yourself? (Don't embarrass me now!)

Um one is on social theories on anorexia, another is on how people self-diagnose illness in themselves and rush to doctors about it, and the last is on expected male work roles in female-dominated work areas (like nursing and home care) :dohh:

I don't mis doing my clinical essays - they were such a nightmare to get your head round. That was 14 years ago now though!!:blush:

I'm ready to stop now, to be honest. I really, really need a break from school. I've been going straight through every summer with a full course load since September '05 and it is getting to be a bit much. What I'm studying is paper intensive and it is just so tiring. One semester I had to write 13 papers (5 for one course) and 8 midterms and 5 finals. Way too much.

Let me know when you figure out the secret to success, I'm going to be working on my Science PGCE during the first few weeks of my leave before the baby comes. I bet I'll be struggling!

My god,I am hardly coping!

I just had my final esseys,exams,oral exams,defending my term paper.......:sleep:

But at last,my year has finished yesterday with only one exam I'll have to do in July...

It was so unbelievably hard and school has never been hard for me!

Now I have a plan in September when the next year starts I'll only be doing exams without actually attending classes.And I'll have a newborn at home.:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->