To all the mum who already gave birth :-)

I was in labour for 24 hours and the contractions were far worse than the pushing stage. If I hadn't been so tired I would have been able to try out more upright positions to help with the pain, so my top tip would be go get as much sleep and rest as possible in early labour.

Oh thanx for the tip, it's really helpful! Ok, so, I really have to get through the contractions stage... i hope I will be able to say to my hubby "hey it's not as bad lol"..... Somehow doubt of it lol!! xxx

I had an epidural first time round and didnt regret it at all second time round i had one puff on gas and air and that was it i didnt regret how either of my labours went im just glad i went in with an open mind to anything. I knew id make the right decision for me at the time. Good luck with your birth!

I had an epidural and do not regret it one bit. I was in labour for a very long time and by the morning I was in so much pain I was nauseous and dizzy. I also had extremely high blood pressure.

The epidural I had was a very low dose as I requested to not be too frozen. I could still feel the contractions so I knew when to push.

I dont regret it and I dont feel any less of a woman because I wasnt abel to push through the pain.

Hi Hun

I wanted everything they could give me when it came to labour but cos I had blood pressure the week prior to birth they had to do blood test which took an hour and by the time they came back there was no way I could of sat up for 15-20 mins for an epi so I got through it pretty naturally, I had gas and air but after 5 min rush it was doing nothing apart from making me talk crap so I just chewed on the tube and screamed lol...... lots of my friens regret having an epi as they felt so outta control, but each to their own hun. all the best xxx

Forgot to mention that I was only in labour for 7 hours so pretty lucky really, it felt like a lifetime though but worth every millisecond :) xx

Thanx, it's still really helpful.... the more I read about your opinions, the more I think that however it's gonna go that way will be the right way.... Now I think some decisions just impose themselves when you live the moment, will go with the flow, open-minded!!
Thanx everybody!! Hope you're having great time with your babies now!! xx

My 1st labour was drug free - only as nothing worked but I don't want to experience that again, it was so intense I had to be given a drug that they given to ladies in pre-term labour.

My 2nd, the epidural worked like a dream and OMG I would not do without it now! So YES with this one, I will be planning for the epidural again!! :happydance:I just hope it works again!

Good luck hun x

I had both gas & air and an epidural during my birth. I LOVED gas & air, its great stuff but as I had a long labour I asked for an epidural in the end, which I don't regret at all it really did get rid of the pain pretty much straight away. Also, although the pain goes you can still feel your stomach tightening when having a contraction and I was still completely mobile.

I had an open mind regarding pain relief as being my first, you just don't know what to expect.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->