to all the struggling mummies out there .....from a toddlers mummy xx

kalou1972

Mummy to Miller & TTC #2
Reaction score
Well ladies ....must admit I never thought id get there ......but now.....i look at my ds and cannot believe I am able of creating something so amazing !!! He's 15 month .....and I can just stare for hours watching him and can't believe how smart he is and its all from me !! .......let's rewind to when he was 3,4,5,6, month old......look through my old posts if you dont believe ......I was about to give up .....found it so hard and thought I just couldn't do ' mummy ' ...... not only is he the most gorgeous boy I know .....the brightest baby i know............:more important he is mine and I love him. I got to the point where I was about to give up..........seriously felt like giving up......all I am trying to say is ....bloody HELL its the hardest thing ever ......and for some reason most mums can't or won't admit it !!!!...... Well I do ...but its so bloody worth it .....sorry for going on .....just had a bit of a moment with my little man asleep next to me. Goodluck ladies . Xxxxxxxxxx

Hmmmm.......I just have one complaint ......my darling miller ...freakin stop messin about with my predictive text !!@@@......rhankyou .....love you _xxxxxxx

Thanks! Just what I need after a hard few weeks with my 3 month old xx

Aww bless, exactly what this forum needed. :)
Treasure these moments, its crazy how fast the time goes by. Thanks for sharing hun.

Aww :) thanks for sharing.. I think everyone has days when they just can't do it anymore - your proof you can x

I completely agree with you. My 2 year old is simply amazing. To be completely honest, knowing that I'll get to that point with this lo has made this journey a lot easier this time around. I can't wait to get to that point. You have made a wonderful point hun. Great idea to offer some encouragement.

Thank you! I really needed that this morning :thumbup:

thanks for this post, its very reassurring for those going through difficult times with there babies and thinking will this ever get easier.

i remember the toddler years so well. were i wouldn't describe them as easy they were certainly easier to me than the first year and so much more rewarding imo. as i remember there was not a day go by when my girls were toddlers that i was not in fits of hysterics. it was so much fun, they were so animated :)

most importantly for me it was so much easier knowing what was wrong with them when they were unhappy, not all the guessing games that comes with babies, is it colic, is it reflux, is it teething, is he tired ect ect ect. give me a toddler tantrum anyday lol ;)

I'll second that. My wonderful DD gets more amazing as the days go on but it DEF got easier after 12 months... They eat what you eat, y feel more normal in yourself and they do crazy things that make you laugh even on the toughest days. I remember thinking during the new born foggy period that couldnt cope etc and felt so bloody stressed but now its totally different! X x

Thank you ladies for all of your lovely posts !!!

Sorry its taken me so long but I have been away for a few days with work.

Have to now add.......Miller has now discovered how to change the language settings on my phone !!!! .......half my emails and text were spanish !!! He he he xxxxxx

Ill third this post. Toddlerhood has its own trials and tribulations, but imo it's all gravy compared to those first few crazy months. I think it took me about a year to even come to terms with the fact that I was now officially a mum! When it did finally sink in though, all the lovely bonding stuff followed and I am now a very chilled and much happier version of myself one year ago.
Take heart all struggling new mums, it may take time but things do get better, and better, and better :) xx

Thank you for this post I needed it as my lo seems to be crying 24/7 and nothing I do makes him happy, not even holding him and I am struggling wondering if he will ever be happy :(

Thank you for this post I needed it as my lo seems to be crying 24/7 and nothing I do makes him happy, not even holding him and I am struggling wondering if he will ever be happy :(

It will chic.........he was 7 months before things started calming downfor me......he just used to scream for no reasn at all ! ....he hted and wouldnt sleep....but was so ratty if he hadnt slept......he woulnt go in his pushchair.....hated going in his car seat......nightmare!

Keep on in there xxxx

It will chic.........he was 7 months before things started calming downfor me......he just used to scream for no reasn at all ! ....he hted and wouldnt sleep....but was so ratty if he hadnt slept......he woulnt go in his pushchair.....hated going in his car seat......nightmare!

Keep on in there xxxx

Thank you so much, that is exactly how my lo is.. I am feeling like a massive failure and jut cant make him happy... He does have CPMI and reflux but this has been addressed, I don't want to wish his weeks away but I want to see him happy..

I really needed to read that! Hopefully my girly will be less frustrated when she can finally move herself around!

I really needed to read that! Hopefully my girly will be less frustrated when she can finally move herself around!

Mine is the same, he is trying to crawl but cant and ends up throwing a massive hissy fit :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->